FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Pre-Holiday Get Together with The Lavas Dec. 22 in S.F.
Pre-Holiday Get Together with The Lavas Dec. 22 in S.F.
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-12-18 07:16 am   Permalink

New Thread for this event...

Come over to the Foggy Grotto on Monday Dec. 22 for a little pre-holiday cheer and meet the Lavas! Kick your shoes off after a hard day of holiday shopping and enjoy a delightful tropical libation or five. We'll begin at 7:00 PM and then caravan over to Trad'r Sams for a nightcap. See for yourself the bar that (maybe) pre-dates Trader Vic's!

We'll have snacks and musubi from Hukilau, just down the street!

http://www.dahukilau.com/

The Foggy Grotto is conveniently located at:

447 Seventh Ave #2 (between Geary and Anza)
San Francisco
P: 415-387-0145

Lavas(and everyone), you can take a cab or the 38 Geary bus headed west to the Richmond District- get off at the Sixth Ave bus stop in front of the KFC/Taco Bell and just head a block and a half over. Hit the second buzzer from the left.

Everyone is welcome, please post below if you'll be coming!

Mahalo!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-18 5:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-18 07:16, martiki wrote:
Everyone is welcome, please post below if you'll be coming!

me! me! me!

Do you want me to bring anything?

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-18 6:13 pm   Permalink

I'm in, and maybe the missus too.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-18 8:48 pm   Permalink

I'll definitely be there! Wouldn't miss hangin' with all you cool cats again!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-12-19 08:35 am   Permalink

Right on! I know it's a Monday, but we'll keep it respectable, people.

Cindy...

...bring the Beer And Cheese Dip Of Death!

(that's reason enough to come right there! You'll try to resist, but once it has you in it's power- you're helpless)

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-19 10:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-19 08:35, martiki wrote:
Cindy...

...bring the Beer And Cheese Dip Of Death!

It's not cheese -- it's CHEESE FOOD LOAF!

http://www.goatview.com/november10.htm

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-12-19 2:47 pm   Permalink

Mr Smiley hopes to make it!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-19 3:34 pm   Permalink

me too! me too! me too!
work schmerk, I'm ALWAYS up for libations at the foggy grotto!
xoxo
missus pineapple

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Larry Lava
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-21 10:59 pm   Permalink

We just found this thread and are excited to finally view the elusive foggy grotto! Thanks for welcoming us to tiki San Francisco!

View Profile of Larry Lava Send a personal message to Larry Lava      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-12-22 2:20 pm   Permalink

Martin, we're still hoping to come, but I hafta see how much I can get done at work today and if I can get out (relatively) early to do some last minute Christmas stuff too.

Hopefully see the Lavas and the locals tomorrow nite at Petty Booka either way!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-22 2:21 pm   Permalink

Hi Martiki!!! Bill and I will be there around sevenish--we're not going to T. Sam's till a bit later, right? We might be a bit delayed because the water is off here due to bureaucratic screwups with our new landlord...sigh.

But the cookies are fine and will be accompanying us! not to mention some booze...

meowy Christmas!

Tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-12-22 3:43 pm   Permalink

A final bump before the big night- Hope to see everyone tonight. For those asking, we'll probably head over to Sam's around 9 or 9:30

Tiki holiday cheer for all!

Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-22 4:15 pm   Permalink

The Pineapples will be there - see you all tonight!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-12-29 12:33 pm   Permalink

Let's get some pix posted to this thread!

We had a great time- thanks to everyone who came over. It was a delight meeting the Lava's and we look forward to having them out again. And I will certainly take them up on hanging out in Fresburg on my next visit.

Larry Lava
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-18 9:29 pm   Permalink

Hey all,
I am finally getting around to posting some pics from our fab night at the glorious foggy grotto! I am sorry about the lateness of this reply and a sincere thanks to Martin and Rebecca for being such welcoming and incomparable hosts to us. It made our San Francisco visit much more personal. So nice to meet everyone at their pad and specifically Mr Smiley who we hung out with at Original Joe's the next night. I hope we get to see all of you very soon. The grotto is very cool and the selection of tiki mugs and exotic beverages was staggering. The drinks were perfect, Martin is quite the mixologist, I am still amazed. So here are some pics, sorry I didn't take more or post earlier. The event made our Christmas much brighter!

Martiki's amazing Witco coffee table laden with exotic cheese food dips and cookies and perfect scorpion bowls.

Finally as the night went on, Martin and Rebecca took Mary and I out to Trad'r Sam's! We had a great time and even though its not quite in its prime, the joint's true tiki coolness is everywhere. I really dug it! This is the only pic we took, why not more? I have no clue.

Thanks again to everyone for making our little jaunt to San Francisco so superb. Mostly thanks to Martin and Rebecca, the perfect tiki and SF hosts that I hope we see again!

View Profile of Larry Lava Send a personal message to Larry Lava      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation