FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Hey Biotron....
Hey Biotron....
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-08-02 4:54 pm   Permalink

I was in your neck of the woods on Wednesday and found an old tiki mug at the Goodwill. It's the old double old fashioned wood barrel and says "Bill Lee's Bamboo Chopsticks Bakersfield, California" on the side. Pretty cool, since my father was born and raised in Bakersfield. I was wondering if the place was still around and when I walked out the door, there it was, staring me in the face. So I wnet in to check out the bar, and boy, I wish I hadn't. How depressing: The place has been totally "Miami Vice'd". Pink & blue neon everywhere. How very sad.

Any recollections about how this place was?

-martin

Patrick- next time I'm down there and have more time I'll give you a call for a drink.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Biotron2000
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-02 7:09 pm   Permalink

I don't think they were ever Tiki, but I'm not sure. They've pretty much looked the same since I was a kid. Get this: their Mai Tai is red and blended. In fact, no place I've seen here yet has a real Mai Tai, though I haven't been looking long. As a long-time beer drinker, I have only recently begun my foray into REAL drinks..you know, the fruity ones with umbrellas

Shoot me an e-mail next time you're coming through town!

...when drums begin to pound, my head full - BIG sound!
[img]http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/images/avatars/3fc1bc033d70dcbbea619.gif[/im

View Profile of Biotron2000 Send a personal message to Biotron2000  Email Biotron2000 Goto the website of Biotron2000     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation