FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Anybody know anything about artist Tim Biskup?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Anybody know anything about artist Tim Biskup?
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-19 3:48 pm   Permalink

just stumbled upon this guy's work. enjoy:

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-12-19 15:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-12-19 15:50 ]

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-19 4:00 pm   Permalink

Tim is a local Artist.
Nice Guy, does the occasional La Luz show.

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-19 4:32 pm   Permalink

I've noticed his name on some stuff on the Cartoon Network before. Samuri Jack and, I think, Time Squad. I like his style.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-12-19 5:14 pm   Permalink

Tim also used to run the Burning Brush art auctions in LA, which featured many talented artists local and national, including many with ties to the animation world and Spumco and stuff like that. Visit theBurning Brush site, and you can see items from the previous auctions featuring these talented folks, including TC member kooche. Sadly Burning Brush is no more, but many of the artists have their own websites.

Tim Biskup is also married to Seonna Hong, another skilled artist who's doing more and more of her own shows. And he's a big time otaku for Japanese kaiju vinyl monster toys.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-20 12:06 am   Permalink

Really? I like works from both of them. If I were home I'd try to post the image of Seonna's "I like big booty" from the Pirate show at Sixspace. Very funny.

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-20 06:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-20 00:06, Cultjam wrote:
If I were home I'd try to post the image of Seonna's "I like big booty" from the Pirate show at Sixspace.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-12-20 06:21 ]

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-22 11:47 am   Permalink

Thanks TikiChris! I think the full title is " I Like Big Booty and I Cannot Lie"

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-22 7:19 pm   Permalink

He really reminds me of Jim Flora.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-22 11:28 pm   Permalink

We've been collecting Tim's prints for a few years now and are still trying to afford an original. I think that most anyone who likes Shag's style would also be into what Tim does. There are definitely some parallels between the two artist's styles. Tim has done quite a few Tiki themed paintings but that's only a small part of his portfolio. My favorite works of his are the abstract mid-century influenced ones. He also seems to have a fixation on Japanese monsters. Again, like Shag, Tim seems to have a good handle on how to market himself as is evident in the array of products he lends his art to. The buzz around the hipster/lowbrow galleries is that he may be the next big thing. I agree.

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-23 09:01 am   Permalink

thanks for all the input, folks.

yes kiliki, there seems to be a strong Jim Flora influence indeed! btw, thanks for that link.

has anyone heard mr. biskup's music? he has a few albums for sale at flopdoodle.com.

mmoderntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-25 9:49 pm   Permalink

Tim did a solo show with us in April entitled "The Golden Pill". The show almost sold out before we opened it and was completely sold out before it ended. You can view this show by visiting the Shows section of our web site at www.Mmoderngallery.com and clicking on previous shows. You can then click on The Golden Pill and view these amazing works. Tim is featured on the cover and all throughtout the newest Juxtapoz magazine as well. We have some of his previously Sold Out prints on our web site too! Go to the prints section and click on Tim Biskup. Shag prints are there too!

View Profile of mmoderntiki Send a personal message to mmoderntiki  Email mmoderntiki Goto the website of mmoderntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 03:00 am   Permalink

Check out the latest Juxtapoz magazine. It has a Tim's interview.
I love his art, and he's a big tiki fan too (saw at tiki Oasis).
There's also a review on tiki Oasis IV on this Juxtapoz.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 06:55 am   Permalink

I love that Seonna Hong painting! Hope she has a print of that, gotta have it.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 07:59 am   Permalink

http://www.seonnahong.com/seonnahong/

For all of you looking here is her website, sadly it does no list the above shown painting.
Also here is her bio from the Sixpence Gallery
http://www.sixspace.com/artists/hong.html

A link to more of her art
http://www.sixspace.com/gallery/seonna2003/images.html
http://www.tiki-asylum.4t.com

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-07-26 08:04 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 4:32 pm   Permalink

Tiki Chris,

Check out some affordable stuff here:

http://www.mpawson.demon.co.uk/biskup.html

The guy who sells it distributes Tiki News, and has sold all sorts of Tiki stuff back when nobody was interested, so he's a good chap.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation