FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving x
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
x
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-22 8:55 pm   Permalink

You said it was cool and IT IS!! Very impressive!!

Can't wait to see more, more, more!!

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-22 9:48 pm   Permalink

WOW, Monkeyman. I love how some of these frames start with a basic theme and take it to a higher level. They're super ceative and I can tell you're NOT bothered with staying in the "safety" zone. As in "what the hell, let's do it"! Does that make sense??!!!?? That last one is over the top.

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

[ This Message was edited by: Aaron's Akua on 2005-05-23 12:08 ]

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-22 11:57 pm   Permalink

you got sum talent... when can i purchase sum of these bad boys.

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 10:49 am   Permalink

Flames look awesome MM, and the nose bone is great.
The frames are becoming the art work themselves.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2005-05-23 10:56 am   Permalink

That whole piece should be part of a gallery show in Hollywood. Great job of enhancing the painting and creating a whole new piece of artwork by joining it with your frame. Super carving and painting job, MM!

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 10:59 am   Permalink

You out did yourself again my friend.
BEAUTIFUL!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 12:48 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman,
That is one beautiful frame. Even makes Flounder's brush strokes look good.
I'm glad he gave up painting tikis ('cause I own one of his now incredibly rare and fantastic tiki burlaps!)
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2005-05-23 12:50 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 4:04 pm   Permalink

the bar is definitely getting raised...
and the bone is really cool...your frames
are wonderful!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 4:37 pm   Permalink

I am working on a website right now with Unga Bunga that hopefully shoule be ready within the next month or so.

I am planning on putting up a "How its done" page that will show you the various stages of the process. Its my hope that those of you with artistic interest will find that information helpful and intruiging.

It tracks the process from wood selection, to milling the frame, mitre cutting, frame assembly, sketching, carving, painting, finishing and art installation.

I am hardly an expert on the topic but I do enjoy sharing information with those who are interested.

Keep your eyes peeled for more work from me. I have lots of frame customers waiting...

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 5:59 pm   Permalink

Hey man - love to see that website! I would be really interested to see how you do those frames. I would like to have a go, but I think my efforts would be a bit plainer in comparison to your artwork! You could make a white piece of paper look good!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-05-23 9:19 pm   Permalink

totally speechless, mm....

simply perfect frame job. stunning attention to detail.

looking forward to seeing your website and sharing some carving secrets

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 9:36 pm   Permalink

Hey Monkeyman- Sweet work!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coconut KC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-23 10:46 pm   Permalink

Holy Guacamole Monkey Man, great frame. What a creative idea, awesome stuff.

View Profile of Coconut KC Send a personal message to Coconut KC  Email Coconut KC     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 05:54 am   Permalink

Simply amazing. I couldn't say anything that hasn't already been said. You are an extremely talented artist. I can't wait to say more.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 4:02 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman, that is one of the coolest frames I have ever seen. The bone is a nice touch. Great job!

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation