FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving x
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
x
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 08:20 am   Permalink

By the way will we be seeing you at Hukilau this year?

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-07-06 3:26 pm   Permalink

nice work monkey mon love it!

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 3:53 pm   Permalink

I think your work is fantistic. I hope i can get on the waiting list for one... Alot of times when i find a cool frame in the thrift store i will paint somthing that fits the frame. your frames are the best i have seen and it would be cool to paint sumthing to fit in one...

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 5:37 pm   Permalink

Wow! Another cool frame from the man ... Monkeyman that is. Great work!

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 5:43 pm   Permalink

Simply awesome! I love the depth, the color, the design, everything! Your work is very inspiring. I'm always impressed.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 5:56 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:46 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 6:14 pm   Permalink

So Monkeyman,

You ever have anyone back out of buying a frame after you've made it? If so, I might be interested in buying it...I could make some art to fit the piece later...

PM me if that's the case. I love yr ART.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 9:45 pm   Permalink

The skill level seems to go up on each of your frames, M-M. And each one looks harder to top.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-08 08:36 am   Permalink

I like the frames. I've made and purchased a few frames and these are cool. I love custome frames.

Mark Ryden Carves some of his own frames and sends them to Thailand where a team of artisans mass-produces/replicate them. Something you might want to check into.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mystiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 05:32 am   Permalink

I'm a big goose of a fan of Ryden, but to also give credit where credit is rightly due, Mark created the design of some of his frames (specifically for "Blood" mini-series, then took them to Thailand to master carvers who created them, and they are not mass-produced. @;-)

Rae

Quote:

On 2005-07-08 08:36, AlienTiki wrote:
I like the frames. I've made and purchased a few frames and these are cool. I love custome frames.

Mark Ryden Carves some of his own frames and sends them to Thailand where a team of artisans mass-produces/replicate them. Something you might want to check into.

View Profile of Mystiki Send a personal message to Mystiki  Email Mystiki Goto the website of Mystiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 07:06 am   Permalink

Very cool framage MM. I get a lot of comments on the natural bamboo frames you made for me, then I have to show them this post and blow their minds.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation