FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Just when you think you've seen it all ...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Just when you think you've seen it all ...
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-12-27 8:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-25 23:33, ErichTroudt wrote:
If you were referring to my post:

Perhaps Mr Bong and a few others, missed the closing statement of my "ponder" when I stated the following.......

"But hey, this is coming from the same guy who puts his cigar ashes out in a tiki ashtray, so what do I know, huh."

Read to the end of people's posts. Just a suggestion.

If I had one of those Moai tissue dispensers, I'd diplay it, I just wouldn't put kleenex in it.

Erich

[ This Message was edited by: ErichTroudt on 2003-12-25 23:42 ]

Mr Trout,

After being on the board for more time than you've been aware of this new ultra-cool fad called 'tiki', I think I've read to the end of more than one posts. But thanks for the tip. Hey, how's you collection of vintage Tiki Farm mugs?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-27 9:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Mr Trout,

After being on the board for more time than you've been aware of this new ultra-cool fad called 'tiki', I think I've read to the end of more than one posts. But thanks for the tip. Hey, how's you collection of vintage Tiki Farm mugs?

Mr Bong. Your welcome for my tip. Hope it works out for you. As far as my "awareness" of Tiki, you should really not speak on the subject since you don't know me. I was around on the old school board yahoo board, (as I'm sure you were right) and I've been collecting a long time. Here's a link to my backyard, in case I need to prove my "awareness" to you or anyone else.
http://www.geocities.com/erichtroudt/

I'll be letting this go now for the sake of not getting off-topic, flaming on the board, or ruining this thread. Hopefully you'll do the same.

Erich

Ps. my tiki farm mugs are great. All 3 of them. They sit proudly on the shelf with my 2 trader vic Mai Tai joe originals, and roughly 100 other mugs. Thanks for asking about them.

[ This Message was edited by: ErichTroudt on 2003-12-27 21:17 ]

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-12-27 9:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-27 21:16, ErichTroudt wrote:

Ps. my tiki farm mugs are great. All 3 of them. They sit proudly on the shelf with my 2 trader vic Mai Tai joe originals, and roughly 100 other mugs. Thanks for asking about them.

What the fu#& is a trader vic Mai Tai joe original. You're not talking about my TEPCO Kava Bowl owned by and created by John Pagliero as a proto-type for Vic are you?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-27 9:38 pm   Permalink

Mai Tai Joe is the real name for what most people refer to as "sufferin bastard". Black mug, hands on his head, has trader vic on the bottom, mostly made in the 1940's/50's.

Hope that clears it up.

Erich

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-27 9:40 pm   Permalink

Bong,
MaiTai Joe is the real name of the TV Suffering Bastard mug.

2 seconds too late

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2003-12-27 21:41 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-27 9:43 pm   Permalink

Blame everything on "Level Orange"!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-27 10:14 pm   Permalink

Sheesh ... it's a snot box with tissue coming out the nose. I didn't think it would be a cause of contention! I agree that it's in bad taste, but as far as being irreverent, it isn't much worse than an ashtray. I thought the idea of the one with toilet paper coming out the ass was hilarious! The pose of the Trader Vic's Suffering Bastard sprang immediately to mind. Anyone want to donate one to me so I can see if I can do a conversion job?!?

http://www.cybertiki.com

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-28 01:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

Hey, how's you collection of vintage Tiki Farm mugs?

Is there a problem with Tiki Farm mugs? Do they cause blindness? Will they lose the war for the allies? Curve your spine?

Anybody fearful of public humiliation for being discovered with Tiki Farm Mugs can feel free to send me theirs.

TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-28 01:36 am   Permalink

Tiki Farm is great in my book. In fact, I can't wait until I get the rest of my order from the "It's all about the Tiki". I bought one of the 3 artists bowls, the Von Franco "Smokin Joe decantor set and a Von Franco "cockeyed tiki warrior" mug.

Erich

dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-07-18 7:54 pm   Permalink

ok, i love that my friends buy me tiki stuff..but i just received my 4th Tiki Kleenex holder ~

anyone want to trade? something of equal weight would be fair..

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-19 07:50 am   Permalink

like a good size rock?

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-19 11:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-25 23:06, Jungle Trader wrote:
Well then.........why don't we have Moai toilet paper holders that you can pull the tissues right out their ass. That's real attractive. This is right up there with it. No class.

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2003-12-25 23:13 ]

Still searching for one.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chub
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-19 2:05 pm   Permalink

I got one of these from a friend this past Christmas. I like the idea someone had of hooking up a smoke machine to it's nose instead. Anyone have any ideas of how to easily do this?

View Profile of Chub Send a personal message to Chub  Goto the website of Chub     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-20 12:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-21 12:08, ErichTroudt wrote:
I have often pondered the thought about how we take pictures of other cultures Gods and put them on mugs, menus, etc. I usually get over it since most of the tikis we treasure are fake and made up. But this Easter Island one bothers me. Having Kleenex hanging out of his nose is not cool in my mind.
[ This Message was edited by: ErichTroudt on 2003-12-21 12:21 ]

Just a recommendation: If you're ever in Seattle, stay far, far away from Archie McPhees.

P.S. That's one rocking back yard, Erich.

[ This Message was edited by: monkeyskull 2005-07-20 00:33 ]

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-20 12:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-18 19:54, dogbytes wrote:
ok, i love that my friends buy me tiki stuff..but i just received my 4th Tiki Kleenex holder ~

anyone want to trade? something of equal weight would be fair..

elicia

Maybe you could use them as decor, but not for tissues? I.e., mount them all on the wall together? Or stack them up vertically as the base of a small table? Use them as the supports for the corners of a bar? Or as supports for shelves?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation