FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Absinthe... discuss.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Absinthe... discuss.
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 07:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-03 06:46, Chrisc wrote:
I think I've seen a recipe somewhere for a Monkey Gland cocktail, so I'll look it up and post it.

CHRIS.

From CocktailDB.com:

Monkey Gland

Shake with ice and strain
2/3 dry gin (2 oz, 6 cl, 1/2 gills)
1/3 orange juice (1 oz, 3 cl, 1/4 gills)
2 dashes absinthe
2 dashes grenadine
Shake
Serve in a cocktail glass (4.5 oz)

On another note, the Travel Channel showed the "Why the French Don't Suck" episode of Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" in which Tony gets plastered on Absinthe and tries to sleep in the room where Oscar Wilde died after a 3 year Absinthe bender. Anyway, they were explaining the difference between "Legal" and "Illegal" French Absinthes, and that you'd need to drink about 200 glasses of Absinthe before the Thujone would start to affect your system, and you'd probably be dead from the high alcohol content long before then.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 6:49 pm   Permalink

Just a little update on my search. I found a place ( http://www.eabsinthe.com/absinthe-shop.htm )that delivered from england to california in 4 days....to my door by courier no less!!. Prices are better than most I have checked. I am quite lit as I type and I will say this, this stuff gives you CLARITY!. It all looks to be sharper and sound better than normal....I LIKE IT!!!.No wonder artists love this stuff!. good luck. TWT

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonnikan Jinn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 8:16 pm   Permalink

What kind did you get from that site, and about how much did it cost to get it delivered?

I am still really interested in trying Absinthe, but have been turned off by the cost of delivery and the potential for it being seized.

My dream would be to find a place that I can order Absinthe and Cuban Rum, at a decent price, and not have to worry about it being seized.

-T.J.

View Profile of Tonnikan Jinn Send a personal message to Tonnikan Jinn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 10:48 pm   Permalink

money back if customs gets it!. the pernod is just filler for the pic. Get lots-O- sugar!!!.

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 10:35 am   Permalink

Neat! I love to see different bottles in use.
Thanks for posting an update!
-Tw

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-15 8:49 pm   Permalink

Oh what the hell, let's get 2 more bottles!

PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-16 05:45 am   Permalink

Oh, man....does that picture of Mari Mayans ever bring back memories! Or, lack of memories!! I still think that my lost-year-of-absinthe may have burned a hole in my brain. Mari's had a beautiful louche, but I eventually had to quit when I was just drinking it straight. A LOT of it! Ugh.

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-16 08:34 am   Permalink

If you could drink that stuff straight and you can still spell your name, that is amazing!. I tried a sip of the fees and had to wash it down with brandy (only thing close) to keep from choking to death!.

twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 6:57 pm   Permalink

Just a quick opinion. La fees parisian and mari mayans are the best tasting so far.More is on the way....

Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 08:42 am   Permalink

Have a few in the French tradition (no fire, thanks) and put on the classic silent film "Phantom of the Opera" w/Lon Chaney. Suddenly it all makes sense.

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 11:15 am   Permalink

Yeah the "Kreepy Tiki" crew from Miami came over to our vending area for me to do a shot of this stuff with'em at the Hukilau. Wasn't too bad. Lit me up though.......Tasted kinda like liquorish to me, which I do not like. Don't remember halucinating or anything though....unfortunately.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki G. 2005-10-21 11:18 ]

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JonPez
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-21 11:29 am   Permalink

Tiki G: I was wondering what that stuff was they were passing around. They were serving capfuls up to people then taking pictures of their reactions.

Been interested in getting Absinthe for a while, you know, just for the bottles *wink*

View Profile of JonPez Send a personal message to JonPez  Goto the website of JonPez     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-24 6:56 pm   Permalink

Capfuls, ECCH!, like I said before, hitting on this stuff straight is VILE!!!. I can down sips of chartruse, but not abbe!.The bottle on the right called absente, it is "legal in the USA absinthe" with out the wormwood. If you have nothing , or pals with no taste, this is the stuff, kinda "absinthe light'!. For $36.00 with glass and spoon, it was well worth it!. The green chartruse is pictured cuz it is a damn fine cousin of abbe. The collection grows.....

[ This Message was edited by: twowheelin'tiki 2005-10-24 19:02 ]

Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-26 09:29 am   Permalink

Two Wheelin', it looks like somebody dropped a bundle on their little absinthe habit. I like the LaFee's also, but any idea how to get some of this?

It's Italian and has none of the anise flavor of most products, so of course there is no louche. My friend brought a bottle back for me and I'd love to re-stock!

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Numb Davey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-28 12:08 pm   Permalink

2 Wheelin Tiki:

Green Chartreuse is a cousin of Absinthe? Not hardly....mabeye a step second cousin thrice removed on a weird religious Uncle's side.
Got to agree with you, however, how fantastic it is. Do you know that only two men on Planet Earth know exactly what is in Chartreuse, and how it is made? They ain't talking..some kind of religious vow. They even add many chemicals and herbs to the waste residue from distillation so other corporate distillers cannot analyze and synthesize a similar formula.

Try to find some of Ted Breaux's French Absinthe's to add to your growing collection. They are expensive, but will BLOW your dome, homeboy.

View Profile of Rum Numb Davey Send a personal message to Rum Numb Davey  Email Rum Numb Davey Goto the website of Rum Numb Davey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation