FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Tiki or tikiish drinks with Sake?
Tiki or tikiish drinks with Sake?
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-22 3:54 pm   Permalink

A question for the mixologists. I recently received a sizable bottle of Sake. Can this be used as an ingredient for a tiki drink? Seriously.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-22 4:00 pm   Permalink

i've had yummy sake martinis before. but if it's good stuff, it's probably best to drink it straight. warm sake on a cold winter night is very nice.

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-22 4:14 pm   Permalink

It's good stuff, but the bottle reccomends drinking it cold.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-22 4:23 pm   Permalink

I have seen (and tried) two cocktails mixed with sake. The first is unnamed, or at least if it has a name I don't know what that is. Mix sake with plum wine at a 2:1 (sake:plum) ratio. This can be served either hot or cold.

The second is called a Purple Haze. Think of it as a sake martini. Use cold draft sake in place of vodka and Chambord liqueur in place of vermouth. That is, use just enough chambord to color the drink and give it a slight berry flavor.

Neither is necessarily "tiki", but they are cocktails that use sake. You might also try mixing it with a bit of parfait amour. Someone once asked me to invent a drink named a "Purple Miyigi", to be named after a guy (named Miyagi) that turned purple whenever he got mad or stressed, which apparently happened often. I recommended a mix of vodka, draft sake and pafait amour. I don't think anyone ever attempted making it, though.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nepenthes
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-22 8:02 pm   Permalink

I would recommend that you store the bottle in the refrigerator. Once the bottle has been opened, drink it within a couple of weeks. Much more then that and the oxidation will make it pretty nasty.

I prefer to drink it straight, but if you try out some cocktails, let us know what you think!

View Profile of Nepenthes Send a personal message to Nepenthes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-24 09:10 am   Permalink

I think I'll save this particular bottle for my tiki party next summer. I will preview the sake concoctions a day or two earlier.

sc'Que?

Posted: 2018-01-19 7:05 pm   Permalink

Ginger-Cucumber Sakč-tini (a Fuji & Jade Garden original)
Dry sakč, Cîroc and Bison Grass vodkas, ginger cordial… cucumber

Zen Sakč-tini (a Fuji & Jade Garden original)
Gekkeikan sakč, Japanese matcha green tea, citron vodka… twist

Lemon Ice Sakč-tini (a Fuji & Jade Garden original)
Dry and nigori sakes, fresh lemon sours, Licor-43... sugar rim

Coconut Crčme Sakč-tini (a Fuji & Jade Garden riginal)
Nigori sakč, coconut milk, Godiva White… dark chocolate garnish

Peachy-Keen Sakč-tini (a Fuji & Jade Garden original)
Dry and nigori sakes, peach liqueur, Stoli Vanil, OJ, Pama (sinks)… sugar rim

Wintermute (a Fuji & Jade Garden original)
A short drink : Nigori sakč, violette, absinthe float, Peychaud’s bitters

View Profile of sc'Que? Send a personal message to sc'Que?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation