[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Aloha Room: New Pics on Pg 3
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The Aloha Room: New Pics on Pg 3
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-26 1:58 pm   Permalink

Well, I figured I'd post a few pictures of my little retreat, The Aloha Room. It's still a work in progress, which is true for most things pertaining to collecting, but I just thought I'd share...

e komo mai

Where the magic happens

Most of my mugs and such

Thanks for having a look and any suggestions are appreciated.
Aloha,

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Royale on 2003-12-26 13:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tiki royale 2006-12-06 22:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Royale 2006-12-07 09:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Royale 2011-01-13 20:57 ]

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki410
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-26 2:54 pm   Permalink

What can you tell us about the coffee table?

We picked up one that I am now realizing does not belong with the rest of the decor.

View Profile of tiki410 Send a personal message to tiki410  Email tiki410     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-12-26 4:17 pm   Permalink

Did you get that coffee table at an antique mall on El Camino Real near Redwood City?

It looks familiar. And it's fantastic.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-26 5:56 pm   Permalink

Hey Martiki,
No, the table isn't from that place in San Carlos. I looked at that one but decided on this one because I liked the mahogany top instead of formica. I ended up getting this one at a place up in The Mission. It is a great looking table and really helped pull the room together.
Aloha,

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Royale on 2003-12-26 17:58 ]

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-27 12:53 am   Permalink

Very cool room. Is that a space-age clock in the corner over the bar? Also love the bar stools. They actually look like they're comfortable enough to spend a coupla hours sitting on (unlike mine...that are like something from the Spanish inquisition).

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-27 02:52 am   Permalink

WOW, what a beautiful rattan set you have brah! those stools are da bes! I see you got da panel on da wall still...your mother inlaw must neva seen'em yet, sweeet!

I'm in love with your coffee table and bar stools. I love vintage rattan over all furniture!

I see you have some nice mugs!

It was great meeting you and your wife here on da islands. Give me a call anytime you and da ohana visit!

Aloha

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-27 09:46 am   Permalink

Yes Tiki Royale..A very cool space indeed.
We suggest that you pick a great color and PAINT THE WALLS!!!!!! Perhaps a nice green or aqua. It will really warm up the entire room and you will just feel better when you are in there after the stark white has been replaced. Don't know if this is an apartment or a house but if you are allowed to paint....DO IT!
Thanks for sharing the pics.
8FT Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: 8FT Tiki on 2003-12-27 09:48 ]

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-27 7:29 pm   Permalink

I was just going to say something about the walls too... it seems like a lot of collectors go to so much trouble to put up such great stuff, but leave the walls white! It looks unfinished to me that way. Everything else looks awesome fo course... However, that's just my taste.

Tomorrow Mr. Tikifish is taking me to Home Depot to get some nice brown paint for the beginnings of my tiki hallway - to me, the paint is the first thing! Then the shelves go up, then the hundred or so mugs come out of hiding...

I will take before and after pix don't worry!

I only wish I had a whole room to do, but in this condo, the hall is the only space I got that's not claimed for another theme - besides the bedroom, but with my husband's allergies, that many dusty objects in the bedroom is not a good idea.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-27 8:06 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah, don't forget Christopher Lowells "7 Layers of Design" . I really like the furniture in the Aloha Room!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-27 9:53 pm   Permalink

Nice room.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-27 10:51 pm   Permalink

Mahalo y'all,
I totally agree about the wall treatment, problem is that we rent. I'd love to cover the walls and ceiling with woven matting and add bamboo trim. Good thing is that in the evening it's not as noticable. These pics were taken during the day with the sun coming through the windows which really makes things look bright.
Aloha,

Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-27 11:08 pm   Permalink

Very cool room. I especially dig the clock. One of the great things about Tiki is that it meshes so well with items that were designed in the past to look futuristic!

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-28 06:08 am   Permalink

Nice room!

View Profile of Thorsten Hasenkamm Send a personal message to Thorsten Hasenkamm  Email Thorsten Hasenkamm Goto the website of Thorsten Hasenkamm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-28 1:36 pm   Permalink

Looks great.

Nice mugs.

Lose the TV... or at least turn it off for pictures.

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-28 3:15 pm   Permalink

Unless you have the Playboy channel on....

hee hee

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation