FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Aloha Room: New Pics on Pg 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The Aloha Room: New Pics on Pg 3
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-28 3:45 pm   Permalink

the room is beautiful and the tv is fine - as i can see you have it tuned to the "ocean channel"!!!

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-28 4:29 pm   Permalink

Could also get one of those fishtank videos and have an instant troublefree aquarium.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-28 11:14 pm   Permalink

Yes, looks like some sort of sailing channel on... I have nothing against TV, hell, it's how I make my living. Sorry Bong!

EVERYONE... MUST... WATCH... MORE... TV

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-29 09:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-28 16:29, SES wrote:

Could also get one of those fishtank videos and have an instant troublefree aquarium.

Or maybe
this one. No music or narration, only natural sounds.

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-29 09:22 am   Permalink

The DVD also features loop play

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-29 09:35 am   Permalink

Nice room.
I also see you have a Draecena Craigii in the corner. Ahh, yes a good tiki bar room also has real live plants. Not faux, but real. Helps clean the interior air so you can breathe fresh. When they get dusty and dry take them outside and hose them off and let them drip dry for a couple hours, then bring 'em back in. Be sure to let them dry out before watering again.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-29 09:38 am   Permalink

Very observant Futura Girl!
Actually it's "Endless Summer". That tape pretty much lives in the VCR and makes a pretty good backdrop. I think its time to go to DVD since the tape is getting all wobbly from so many viewings.
For those of you who asked, the starburst behind the bar isn't a clock, it's just a metal starburst which holds a candle and pokes you if you're not careful. If you look closely, there is a clock built into the wall on the other side of the room hiding behind the plant and above the T.V. It's a cool feature of the old house but it needs a new hand (hold your appluse).
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-12-29 12:17 pm   Permalink

Now I know where I've seen that table! It was at X21, wasn't it? I remember coveting it.

Not to disagree with a landscape designer, but I love the fake palm in my tiki bar. I think fake plants fit in beautifully with a fake island room, with fake island decor. Plus, my tiki bar gets zero natural light, and I killed three palms before going plastic.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-29 12:34 pm   Permalink

Okay, I guess some situations require fake. BUT, for sure your drinks are the real thing, got a good buzz off the Zombie I had at the Foggy Grotto.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-29 12:42 pm   Permalink

We have a winn-ah!
You're right Martiki. I had been eyeing it at X21 for a while and was always suprised to see it whenever I went back there. I finally pulled the trigger back in July and even got a birthday discount!
There isn't anything wrong with fake plants. I do prefer real ones. Palms take a bit of light but there are plenty of other tropical plants that you should be able to grow even though you don't have a lot of light.
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 08:43 am   Permalink

It's been a while, so I thought I'd put up a few new pics of The Aloha Room.
With the cold weather now, it's always warm in The Aloha Room.
Aloha,

Welcome...

Mai Tai?

Have a seat...

What would you like to hear?

Mugs...

...'mo mugs.

[ This Message was edited by: tiki royale 2006-12-07 22:12 ]

kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 09:55 am   Permalink

Fab Room! The Frankl style coffee and end tables are great, but those bar stools ROCK!
It was fun to see the evolution from the first pics to your latest. Nice job
K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 8:23 pm   Permalink

I like the uli-ulis.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 6:09 pm   Permalink

It's so much fun to stumble across great looking rooms and collections. I enjoyed both of these. Visit us in Elk Grove sometime, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kekili

Posted: 2010-12-14 11:29 am   Permalink

Hi Shep,

Alooooha! Wow! Great room. I love the rattan furniture and your tiki mug collection. The floor lamp is awesome! I hope to see the Aloha Room in person this summer. Perhaps we can get together and each host a mixer for Kilohana :)

Cess

View Profile of Kekili Send a personal message to Kekili      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation