[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Aloha Room: New Pics on Pg 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
The Aloha Room: New Pics on Pg 3
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-14 7:07 pm   Permalink

Really nice...has a wonderful kitschy feel to it...FUN!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-17 4:14 pm   Permalink

I dig the room. The danish mod tripod lamp is one I've been wanting for awhile. Nice.

Could you do some shots without the flash, available light only?

I bet the mood would be great.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-13 9:09 pm   Permalink

Alrighty then... Here are some new shots of The Aloha Room. I fooled around with the camera and tried to shoot in low light.
Some shots turned out and others... Well, just pretend you've had a few Mai Tai's. In any case, I'll keep trying and see what happens.
For now, enjoy.

Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-13 10:20 pm   Permalink

Very nice. I love the sign.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-15 04:03 am   Permalink

Thanks for sharing your Aloha Room with us! 1) Where did the space-age sunburst wall hanging go? 2)How did you pull off the ceiling treatment? Is that a matchstick shade?

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-15 12:12 pm   Permalink

Nice shots of your pad! I really dig the lighting and all the vintage goods. Looks great!

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-15 6:00 pm   Permalink

Mahaloz everyone. As you know, it's always a "work in progress"

@ Big Kahuna- Thanks, I made it by enlarging a scan of an original "Aloha Room" matchbook and framing it with bamboo and some old tapa.

@ Bongo, The starburst is safe. It has been moved to my office. As for the ceiling... Its just a roll of that reed fencing from Home Depot. Then I just split some bamboo and tacked it across the seams. I'd like to do the rest of the ceiling but that would require me to get off my duff.
Aloha,

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Royale 2011-01-15 18:04 ]

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-17 8:20 pm   Permalink

Very nice!
Now here's a little something to play with...
Try white-balancing your camera to the Red light and watch what a cool, gritty look you get! White-balancing to other colors will give you a bunch of different looks. Try it, It's fun!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trailerpark Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-29 04:36 am   Permalink

[Thanks, I made it by enlarging a scan of an original "Aloha Room" matchbook and framing it with bamboo and some old tapa. ]

Brilliant!

View Profile of Trailerpark Tiki Send a personal message to Trailerpark Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tabu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-29 07:49 am   Permalink

Really nice room. Looks like a nice place to escape to. Very cozy.

View Profile of Tabu Send a personal message to Tabu  Email Tabu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation