FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Which is older? - flat or concave bottom on Bali Hai Man mug
Which is older? - flat or concave bottom on Bali Hai Man mug
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-04 03:43 am   Permalink

I bought a Bali Hai Man mug a couple weeks ago at a flea market. The bottom is roundly concave and I'm wondering how old it might be and if it is the first version. It's detail is very crisp, its in great shape with only minor paint rubbing at the ends of the bone and it has the OMC sticker. I got the dealer from $18 down to $12 for it; he actually cited what several on ebay were bidding at (I phoned a friend and checked his facts) and $12 seemed like a good deal. I hadn't even wanted one of these till I saw it up close and personal. Man, what a neat thing to look at! Did I make an impatient purchase or did I do OK?

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-04 2:26 pm   Permalink

The only difference I can tell between the new Mr. Bali Hai mug and the old (shown on pg. 131 BOT) is the new one has "Shelter Island, Calif." on a dark backgrond and the old one says "San Diego, Calif." on a light background. I don't know the exact age of the one shown in BOT (I'm assuming the original).

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-04 4:32 pm   Permalink

Mine has a concave bottom and an OMC sticker so I'm assuming it's an older one.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-04 8:38 pm   Permalink

As far as I know the concave bottom version is older than the flat bottom one. But, both are OMC I think.

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation