[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Rattan table, fo' FREE, or best offer
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Rattan table, fo' FREE, or best offer
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-04 3:29 pm   Permalink

During an overexuberant thrifting excursion with Sabu, I picked up this swell rattan dining table for four (no chairs). It doesn't fit in my new apartment, so I'm a-gonna pass this little sweetheart on to someone else who will give it the loving home it deserves. I don't know enough about rattan furniture to really say much about its condition -- it's definitely not mint, but I think it's probably held up pretty well. There's a spot near the base where the decorative binding is starting to come undone, but that could be fixed quite easily. The substantial glass top has scratches here and there, but no dings.

If you'd like this little honey off my hands, all you have to do is throw an offer my way. Here's the catch: no money offers. I'm kind of a dumb bunny that way -- money bores me. Make it something weird, like a sampler pack of Jell-O pudding cups, or a how-to book on macrame. My expectations are low. If I only get one offer, it's yours free, and you don't have to make good on your offer. Oh, here's the other catch: you have to come pick it up from Doctor Z's in Redondo Beach, and you should do it quickly before he gets tired of looking at it and tosses it.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-04 8:52 pm   Permalink

Burn it!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-05 11:53 am   Permalink

I think I'm interested. What do you want to trade for it?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-05 2:04 pm   Permalink

Hmmm... whatcha got? I'm all out of Trader Joe's chocolate-liqueur cherries, mmmm those are good. Or donuts, I still haven't had a proper Krispy Kreme yet.

Boy, I better go get some lunch.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-05 6:06 pm   Permalink

Sheesh! Donuts for a rattan table. Great deal Chiki!!
If Chiki bails, I'll gladly take a hamburger and the table.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-05 6:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-05 18:06, jungletrader wrote:
If Chiki bails, I'll gladly take a hamburger and the table.

I'm confused... are you offering to give me a hamburger, or is your offer that you will let me buy you a hamburger? 'Cause if it's the latter, that's a sucky offer. I'll still consider it, though.

Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-05 10:17 pm   Permalink

Humu - if I thought I could stuff it in the trunk of my Mustang, I'd come get it right now. We're actually looking around for a nice vintage rattan set for the lanai (what I have out there now is CRAP). I think i'm gonna sniff out some estate sales, etc and take my time. Spring's still a long way off. Mahalos for the offer though.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-06 12:21 am   Permalink

Oh man , I'm gonna have to pass. Thanks for the offer.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-06 08:41 am   Permalink

Humu squared, you'll have to buy me a hamburger AND give me the table. I'll be down in mid Feb.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-06 09:57 am   Permalink

If I had know you were giving it away AND providing free burgers too I'd have strapped it to the top of my car when I was down there!
Seriously though, I think you deserve some cash for it from someone...ok...or maybe a really nice dinner and drinks

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-06 10:21 am   Permalink

Humu, if you don't get rid of it by this weekend, let me know. I can pick it up when I take my friend in Redondo some home made soup. I have something you'll love.

Although, if you like the table, have you thought of having the glass top cut? It is inexpensive, and easy for any glass/mirror shop to do. Then it may fit your place.
Let me know!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-06 10:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-04 20:52, RevBambooBen wrote:
Burn it!

Get the glass cut, then Burn it!!! (burn it!! give it some sort of finish!!! It looks lame the way it is!!! All fine and dandy! Arrrrrr!!!)Fire! fire! Hey Beavis? Ya Butthead?! Ha, heh, ha, heh! Or, a faux stain??

p.s. if you really want to burn it, we'll be doing another BURN real soon!!! Scrafice!!! Sacrafice!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-07 1:23 pm   Permalink

Cutting the glass is a great idea, but I'm afraid I just don't have room for it. I'm using the dining area of my new apartment for my home office & sewing area -- no room left over for a table, even a small one. Sounds like the table will be all yours, Laney... go ahead and contact Doctor Z to make sure he or his brother will be around when you are in the neighborhood.

Ben -- it's a good thing you went into bamboo and not marketing! You're still my second favorite pyro, though, right after my brother.

Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-07 3:45 pm   Permalink

I love how there's a whole thread - which I am anxiuosly following! - on what Humuhumu is going to do with a cheap table she found while out thrifting. Will it be traded for a burger? For the chance to buy someone ELSE a burger? For booze? Will it go out with flaming glory, while Bamboo Ben dances around the fiery blaze?

Or will Laney strap it to her car and drive away...

If the latter is indeed the case, DO post what the "something you'll love" is, H! I am inexplicably drawn to knowing this table's ultimate fate.

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-07 4:52 pm   Permalink

the potential I saw with this was doing a carved round piece of wood to cover up that wicker. A marquesan theme or a hut/palmtree/beach/volcano scene.(think velvet painting) Or heck. a round velvet painting in there. Got to take advantage of that glass top.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation