FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving best place to get thatching material for tiki roof
best place to get thatching material for tiki roof
gymbremom

Posted: 2004-01-05 7:33 pm   Permalink

Hi, my husband and I are constructing a tiki bar for our basement. The construction of the roof will be completed this weekend. Can anyone give me any suggestions on where to buy the thatching material that should be used. I need about 60 sq feet of it. Also, if you have any advice on putting it on that would be great also!
Have a good week,
Tracey

View Profile of gymbremom Send a personal message to gymbremom  Email gymbremom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-05 7:34 pm   Permalink

That depends... where do you live?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gymbremom

Posted: 2004-01-05 7:42 pm   Permalink

I live in Maryland

View Profile of gymbremom Send a personal message to gymbremom  Email gymbremom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-05 8:00 pm   Permalink

Shipping is a big price on this stuff. I have contacted places on Ebay that sell and found they will deal on a larger order off Ebay. In Florida you might try Safari Thatch, but I am not sure they will sell to you retail. Same with Benson Imports. Good prices, but I don't know if they sell retail. Search for both and you'll find them.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-06 03:45 am   Permalink

I am in Baltimore. I ordered Thatching from Bosko. It took about a week to get here.

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2004-01-06 03:46 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation