FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki-Ti tonight, Wednesday 1/7
Tiki-Ti tonight, Wednesday 1/7
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-07 1:02 pm   Permalink

I haven't been to Tiki-Ti in more than a month... I think I'm going to pop my head in tonight right after work, about 6-7ish. Anyone care to join me? Or suggest a drink I should try?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-01-07 2:19 pm   Permalink

Uga Booga!
Uga Booga!
Uga Booga!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-07 3:06 pm   Permalink

The Uga Booga is not bad if you like Myers's. My only complaint about it is that there is an undertaste that kind of reminds me of chlorinated pool water. It is very subtle, though and doesn't really spoil the drink.

Other drinks I like at Tiki-Ti are the Zombie, the Suffering "B", the Bayanihan and Rum Gum and Lime. And, of course, the Ray's Mistake which I pretty much always get when I am there.

Wish I could join you tonight but there is just no way I can get out to Hollywood at that time. Have a great evening and have one for me.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-07 3:30 pm   Permalink

My fav's there also include the Suffering B, Bayanihan and of course, Ray's Mistake -- and its only 5 bucks tonight too!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-07 5:21 pm   Permalink

Early Wednesday is my Tiki Ti time whenever I am in town, usually meeting Beachbum Berry and Kevin and Jody, the Hawaiian Eye/Miehana guys.
That's why I always miss Miles and Dale who go Fridays.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-07 7:18 pm   Permalink

Can't beat a Ray's mistake. Sadly I'm still @ work and I doubt the wife and I will fight the traffic on the 110 by the time I escape. have one for me

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-07 10:24 pm   Permalink

Hey, I did.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-07 11:12 pm   Permalink

I had a Painkiller. It was goooood. I also got adventurous, and ate afterward at El Chavo next door. C rating or no, it was perfectly tasty! And great decor & music. So far so good on the gastro-intestinal front, we'll see if it holds 'til morning.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-07 11:26 pm   Permalink

Aaaack! Sorry I missed out tonight. It's rare that I miss a Wednesday night at Tiki Ti when I'm in town and I just couldn't get out tonight. Hope to see you, Humuhumu and many other Tiki Centralites over there soon.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-08 09:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-07 23:12, Humuhumu wrote:
...and ate afterward at El Chavo next door. C rating or no, it was perfectly tasty! And great decor & music. So far so good on the gastro-intestinal front, we'll see if it holds 'til morning.

H2~
I've always had good food there. Never a disappointment. I ate there 3 times before I finally noticed the "C-Rating" at the entrance (the rating is right at the front door, not hidden at all, I just never noticed it before), but have never had any problems. I'll keep going! I usually go at about 5pm AND THEN go to Tiki-Ti's when it opens at 6pm. Mike & Mike serve up some potent drinks so I make sure I get something in my stomach before indulging.

Maybe I'll see you next time.

How did you like the neon sombreros and the HUGE picture of Dolly Parton? (would there ever be a small picture of Dolly anyway? )

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-08 1:31 pm   Permalink

sorry i missed out, have not checked in or responed to tikicentral in a while. i am going to pop into Tiki Ti tonight for a virgin drink. horror of all horrors, i am unable to consume alcohol for at least three months. i had a wrist injury at work in august, and the anti-inflammatory they gave me has wrecked my guts. though i have to admit, i have drank a few times, but the price to pay is excruciating.
no drink, no fun, makes tikitanked just tiki.
let me know if anyone plans to swagger on down to the Ti.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maui_Matt
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-15 2:59 pm   Permalink

My favorite drink there is the Missionary's Downfall. A very weird mixture of mint, peach schnapps, lime and rum. I've yet to eat at El Chavo, but I used their ATM.

View Profile of Maui_Matt Send a personal message to Maui_Matt  Email Maui_Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation