FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving feel free to laugh-my first carved tikis-chainsaw tips wanted!!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
feel free to laugh-my first carved tikis-chainsaw tips wanted!!!!!
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 2:36 pm   Permalink

GMAN, Below is a link to the info you need. Take a look at the Forum index page when you sign in to Tiki Central and notice that there on the left side is a column which has an area called "For new users" There you can find more of the FAQ"s and answers to Tiki Central things. Good Luck, looking forward to your photos.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/faq.php#embed

[ This Message was edited by: 8FT Tiki 2005-07-14 14:38 ]

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 2:51 pm   Permalink

Laney,

Early on, consider roughing it out with a chainsaw, and detailing with chisels. But wear a leather glove on your chisel-holding hand, at least in the beginning.

Also, it's a good idea to have your chainsaw blade sharpened. It will give you much more control.

Pretty cool for your first attempts.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 1:07 pm   Permalink

Laney,

I do a lot of chainsaw work. Hit me with an email if you are still interested in chainsaw carving. Also see my post about my chainsaw tikis. I will help you in any way I can.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 05:28 am   Permalink

Hey Laney

Good on ya for having a go, and posting your pics, even though you don't think they are the best. I don't have the balls to attack a piece of wood with a chainsaw, so you are way ahead of me.

Good luck on ya tiki carvings, can't wait to see more. You know that its just fun at the end of the day, and you are having a good time by the looks of it. mate, to me that means you are a carving legend already.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 10:18 pm   Permalink

i can't offer any help with the chain saw part as i do not use them, but it looks like you got the carving bug. the tikis look pretty good for early tries. the only advice i can offer is to keep trying, and if you can get a couple peice of just junk wood practice with the chainsaw doing different cuts.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation