FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Attn: AZ Tikiphiles - Sept get-together
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Attn: AZ Tikiphiles - Sept get-together
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-21 10:03 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone, I talked to Holden at Tiki farm and it looks like the Kon Tiki will have the new mug party in Feb. Please let me know what looks good. I am thinking of having us meet at my place before hand. I am talking to alot of us in CA for a meeting of the union, CA and AZ. Will post more details soon, real soon.......

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-22 10:41 am   Permalink

Sounds like fun. Why not do President's Day Weekend? The 3 days would make it easier for CA folks to make the trek.

-vw

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-22 9:42 pm   Permalink

Tiki Mo Fo - You da man!

I may be one of the Cali tiki ohana heading out to AZ for the event, if its on President's day weekend (although I'm only 1 vote).

PS: where's a good, moderate(under approx $150 night) place to stay with a view of the mountains and/or desert? I was thinking of the Smugglers Inn?

Anyone else feel like opening their tiki hut for a home bar tour, maybe on Sunday night?

[ This Message was edited by: christiki295 on 2004-12-22 22:06 ]

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-23 12:56 am   Permalink

I will be in AZ tomarrow for a week. I will try to iron out the details. Yes, I do think that Prez weekend is the best time. Stay tuned.......

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-02 9:09 pm   Permalink

I have talked to Louie and it looks like it will be prez day weekend. I will be in contact with some hotels to see about some room specials. We are also looking at Cruzan rum helping as well. I will get some details worked out and post for everyone.

vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-04 10:18 am   Permalink

Mesa is about 1.5-2 hours from Tucson, so don't know if anyone wants to make the drive up, but we're always happy to host a tiki party. Otherwise, we'll see everyone at the Kon-Tiki.

btw ... Tiki-Mo-Fo are you still in AZ?

vw

[ This Message was edited by: vwtikigirl on 2005-01-04 10:19 ]

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-05 4:36 pm   Permalink

No, I am back in CA. However, I was thinking of doing a pre-party at my house since it will be open for a few of the CA folks to camp at. I was thinking of guest bar tenders. I have been to some other events and that seems to be fun for everyone. Also, I talked to Holden at Tiki Farm yesterday. He needs more info from the factory to confirm us making the Prez day dates work for the finish product.

Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-05 4:41 pm   Permalink

What year is that bug of yours? I had a 62, and a 63 rag top, also half of a 64 ghia. My buddy in Tucson is looking for a 23 window. His just went up in flames. Can you help me out? Thanks in advance.......

Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-05 4:46 pm   Permalink

Well, I kinda do still have a ghia. I have a 2004 crossfire which was designed and built by Karman. Even came with matching bags just like the old ghia's. Here is a link to a review I put together on it. If anyone is bored........

Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-05 4:46 pm   Permalink

once again......
http://www.curbside.tv/2004/Crossfire/ChryslerCrossfire.html

vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-06 12:40 pm   Permalink

Mine is a 63 ragtop. Sorry don't know anyone w/ a 23 window, those are pretty hard to come by, and when you find one, not cheap!

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-06 8:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2005-01-02 21:09, Tiki Mo Fo wrote:

I will be in contact with some hotels to see about some room specials. We are also looking at Cruzan rum helping as well. I will get some details worked out and post for everyone.

I'm in! Already got plane tickets. Been looking forward to going to the Kon Tiki for years!

Looking forward to the hotel recommendations - otherwise it's Smuggler's Inn
http://www.travelnow.com/hotels/photos.jsp?cid=&hotelID=133653&photo=1

http://www.smugglersinntucson.com/

[ This Message was edited by: christiki295 on 2005-01-06 21:26 ]

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-07 01:21 am   Permalink

I got a email from Holden tonight and it sounds like we maybe getting enough to make this happen. I will still have to call Louie before I make it known to all....

Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-07 01:26 am   Permalink

As far as hotel I was thinking about the Viscount Suites. This place is right around the corner, and Louie and I were thinking of running shuttles to and from. Smugglers use to be fun, and may still be, but it is a few miles away... As soon as I get a pos answer I will start looking harder.....

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-07 7:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-04 10:18, vwtikigirl wrote:
Mesa is about 1.5-2 hours from Tucson, so don't know if anyone wants to make the drive up, but we're always happy to host a tiki party. Otherwise, we'll see everyone at the Kon-Tiki.

vwtikigirl, thanks for the invite.

However, to do justice to your invitation, as well as the plethora of tiki bars by you: Drift, Coco Moe Joes, Tiki Hut, Bikini, one would need to devote a entire weekend.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation