Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food the ideal Singapore Sling
the ideal Singapore Sling
tikiapprentice
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-08 12:01 pm   Permalink

A million different recipes for this drink. Most from the absurdly simple to the arcane and ancient formula. Anyone here feel they know the algebra for the tastiest Singapore Sling? Please, I gotta know.
thanks,
the Apprentice

View Profile of tikiapprentice Send a personal message to tikiapprentice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-08 12:32 pm   Permalink

http://www.drinkboy.com/Cocktails/recipes/SingaporeSling.html

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-01-08 12:34 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creature from the Slack Lagoon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-12 11:28 pm   Permalink

The Singapore Sling is one of my favorite drinks. I've tried many variations, but my current favorite is the one found in the back of "Tiki Road Trip" by James Teitelbaum. It calls for:
1 1/2 ounce dry gin
1/2 ounce cherry brandy
1/2 ounce lemon juice
1/2 lime
1 tsp. grenadine
1/4 ounce Sloe Gin
1/4 ounce Creme de Cassis
Add ingedients to a 12 ounce glass with cracked ice, stir well and top with selter.

I've found this version is much better than the one in the "Tiki Drinks" book with all the Shag art.

Cheers!

View Profile of Creature from the Slack Lagoon Send a personal message to Creature from the Slack Lagoon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-13 12:36 pm   Permalink

My brother, the swarthy seadog that he is, went ashore in singapore and went to the famous "raffles" hotel and tried their world famous "singapore slings", he said they were served ready made from a large pitcher and tasted, and i quote him here "Shit, you're better of with a gin and tonic coz they have to make them from scratch".

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation