FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Shag's Enchanted Tiki Room Part Deux - January 24th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Shag's Enchanted Tiki Room Part Deux - January 24th
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-24 8:58 pm   Permalink

Pretty organized and not as many people as last time. Still some shirts and a couple of the limited prints left at 6:30 pm!

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-01-24 11:34 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: BaronV on 2004-09-09 20:05 ]

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mano Tiki Tia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-25 09:03 am   Permalink

When I left "The LAnd" Yesterday, Sat 24, at 4 pm, everything was still available. Serigraphs, Mini prints, T-shirts every size, the aloha shirts every size, that stupid rope mug, and purses.

Thank U
Drive Thru

View Profile of Mano Tiki Tia Send a personal message to Mano Tiki Tia  Email Mano Tiki Tia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Beat

Posted: 2004-01-25 2:19 pm   Permalink

Unlike the last event, Disneyland was prepared and extremely organized. Numbered wristbands were handed out promptly at 7:00am. As posted on the DLR website, the line started at the Information booth just west of the turnstile entrances. The first people in line received the lowest number or the number of their choice as many collectors wanted to match the number of their other print.

When I left the park yesterday at 6:30pm Disneyana had less than 100 serigraphs available! Hawaiian shirts and purses were also still available. The shirt this time is awesome! It's much better than the shirt previously released.

Disneyland's management learned from their mistakes. Unfortunately it was too late as many collectors stayed away.

View Profile of Tiki Beat Send a personal message to Tiki Beat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Larry Lava
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-25 6:01 pm   Permalink

We just got back to Fresno from Los Angeles. We left Disneyland at 10:30 last night and they still had everything with the exception of size XL Hawaiian shirts. The line was so easy and fast. What would have taken us three or four hours last time only took about 45 minutes. If anyone in LA wants the items I say just go to Disneyland and pick them up instead of shopping on Ebay. The print was great but the Hawaiian shirt was so cool! Even though the event was a lot easier than the last time what we missed was the absence of Tiki Central people. We did not meet anyone there from T.C. which definitly made the event less festive. We were suprised on our visit to the Tiki Room that the tiki outdoor awning in the patio area was gone. Does anyone know anything about this? It was looking a little bit dingy last time so we are hoping that it just left for a good cleaning. Disneyland was pretty empty so we had fun going on every ride we wanted too and enjoying our tiki day. On our way home today we went to lunch at Damon's. We had never been there and loved it! We had our "Tiki Road Trip" with us it and were using it to know what drinks to order when the waitress asked us about it. No one there had seen it and they passed it around to the waitresses and manager. They were very kind people. A perfect ending to a great vacation!

View Profile of Larry Lava Send a personal message to Larry Lava      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-26 09:42 am   Permalink

Aloha,

We called Deliver Ears today and were able to purchase what we wanted. We purchased the Tangaroa Serigraph, Baby-T, Aloha-Hawaiian Shirt, and the Purse/handbag. So we paid a lot for shipping $85.95 but I figure its worth it since I won't have to deal with all the ebay hassle. I didn't ask how much they had left of everything but it sounded as if the Large Hawaiian shirts would be sold out soon. So if you couldn't make it try calling Deliver Ears.

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-26 11:08 am   Permalink

Yep - I had good luck this AM as well & was able to get everything we wanted, too, including the serigraph with the high postage cost. I had the same thought vs. paying over sticker for a few items via ebay - you take the hit in one dose this way vs. several little doses on ebay.....

Sounds like the new mug that was on the list "Tankard mug" didn't make it for the event. Anyone know if/when it will be available (or what it will look like for that matter)?

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Bob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-26 11:22 am   Permalink

I just called Deliver-Ears ((800) 362-4533). Apparently they are sold out of the Limited Edition (500) "Tangaroa" Aloha Shirt in the XL size. They "may" have a few more in the warehouse, but as of today, they think they are sold out. Other items are still available...

View Profile of Bamboo Bob Send a personal message to Bamboo Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-26 11:40 am   Permalink

Sounds like it was alot easier this time around, but Josh wasnt their or limited edition mugs. Glad to hear there was enough for everone this time.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-01-26 3:34 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: BaronV 2005-07-19 16:56 ]

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-26 5:12 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone for posting information and your results. It's good to hear people enjoyed themselves and were able to pretty much get the things they wanted. I would have loved to go, but just couldn't afford to take the time and money to go down there. I was, however able to get myself one of the aloha shirts!

Even though I run a mail order department, I'm still happy as a clam to be able to order something not available here.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Larry Lava
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-26 6:43 pm   Permalink

On Saturday they told us that the tankard mug did not show up and they did not know why. They said that they did not know if they would ever get it in since it did not come. I have only heard it described as a tall mug.

View Profile of Larry Lava Send a personal message to Larry Lava      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BONBONVIC
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-27 5:08 pm   Permalink

My story: arrived around 6:20 & received a armband around 7:10. I was about 50 back and got #98. I was six back from the gate and met again and chatted with Rockatiki. Our gate keeper was cool and scanned our annual passes before 8:00. When 8:00 came around our line was in quick. I ran to the line and was 25 back. Why run? Well I wanted to buy what I wanted get out and store my stuff and enjoy the day with the fam. I was out of Disney around 9:00. More relaxed this time. Left around 10:30 prints were still available. I guess all the big Kahuna's got the XL shirts including me....

View Profile of BONBONVIC Send a personal message to BONBONVIC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-28 2:43 pm   Permalink

I called delivears on Monday and purchased a L aloha shirt and mini print without any problems. Best of all its delivered to my house and I didn't have to pay to get into Disneyland.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-28 6:40 pm   Permalink

One of the gals at the shop that morning had a xerox printout of the goodies that were there (or supposed to be there). She had pics of 3 different tall mugs. They just looked like the little one except taller. One with the rope trim, one without, and although it was b&w a third w/o rope trim that looked like it was a darker color. Moot point as they probably won't get them now. However, a few weeks after the first Shag-fest they had ropeless mugs when the rope ones ran out.

[ This Message was edited by: spy-tiki on 2004-01-28 18:41 ]

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation