FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Bel-Mateo bowling Thu 1/15 (SF bay area)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Bel-Mateo bowling Thu 1/15 (SF bay area)
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-01-09 12:39 pm   Permalink

According to a certain history source, "a sort of bowling has been popular among Polynesian Islanders for at least several centuries." So it is very topical to suggest a bowling nite here on TikiCentral.

Naomi and I were thinking of heading over to Bel-Mateo bowl in San Mateo next Thu 1/15. It's league bowling until 9, but then open til midnite. So we thought anyone interested in joining us could come by our place in Belmont first, for a little pre-bowl lubrication. Then we can head down the hill to the bowling alley with one of the last great googie signs around. We also could all make a stop at the Villa Hotel, former plaza-mate to the Lanai restaurant.

Unhappy with the clutter in your own home? Come see our amalgamation of junk and you won't feel so bad! Also come see the Lanai tiki and our giant Tiki Bob!

More details later, but post here or email me if you wanna come, and I'll make sure everyone who contacts me gets the directions.

This is the San Mateo and Belmont in the San Francisco bay area, for anyone who didn't catch that in the subject title.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-01-09 2:25 pm   Permalink

We'll be there with balls on! Er, bells.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-09 5:13 pm   Permalink

I'm in...I'll bring my biggest balls!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-12 12:21 am   Permalink

And how are the newlyweds? You guys are too cool, and if I was in the area......

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-01-13 10:35 am   Permalink

Thanks Chiki! Hey, recognize this guy? This is where he lives now.

About Thu nite, tomorrow I'll send directions and our home phone to everyone who replied here or directly to me by email.

I'll probably get home around 7:30 on Thu, so people are welcome anytime from then on. We might have a snack or two available at our house, but not dinner. Libations will be provided.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-13 2:18 pm   Permalink

Digin' the Bel-Mateo! I'll do my best to make it.
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamzeno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 12:44 am   Permalink

Hey Randy, I'll try to make it over there, but I have class in San Jose until 9:30. I probably wouln't get there for another hour, so don't count on me for bowling. If you send me directions I'll do my best to swing by. Thanks.

View Profile of bamzeno Send a personal message to bamzeno  Email bamzeno Goto the website of bamzeno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-01-16 10:58 am   Permalink

Great to see everyone last night. Mucho mahalos to aquarj & Naomi for being stellar hosts and showing us their beautiful home. I'd prefer it if my total bowling incompetence would remain a secret. Thank you.

Let's see some pictures!

****Holy Cripes! I think this was my 1000th post!! I was planning on doing something special, but it kind of snuck up on me. That's OK- thanking Randy & Naomi is special!****

[ This Message was edited by: martiki on 2004-01-16 16:22 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamzeno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-16 12:17 pm   Permalink

Hey Randy & Naomi, I'm sorry I missed this(damn school night), but I'd love to see the photos.

View Profile of bamzeno Send a personal message to bamzeno  Email bamzeno Goto the website of bamzeno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-01-16 12:23 pm   Permalink

Hey, that was fun! Nice having some people over to our (unnamed) home, and also getting to show some of the local sights in Belmont/San Mateo. We should indeed go back and visit Ali at the Villa bar when he finds his shoebox full of Lanai recipes. I'll probably stop by and give him a Grog Log sometime just for fun.

Hope to post some pics this weekend.

-Randy

cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-16 3:47 pm   Permalink

Hey, it was great to see some new faces last night!

We got thrown out of the bowling alley at midnight, even though we hadn't played all the games we'd purchased. Next time we ought to go to the Serra Bowl in Colma, which is open 24 hours.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-01-16 3:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-16 15:47, cynfulcynner wrote:the Serra Bowl in Colma, which is open 24 hours.

So is the Holiday Bowl in Hayward. If you go, be sure and stock up on beer at 1:45 because they'll let you drink it after 2.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-01-16 4:24 pm   Permalink

Well, we lost all of 25 cents each on the missing game. I more than made up for it in 50 cent Miller High Lifes! You really forget how bad that beer is. Then you drink it in plastic cups. *shudder*

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-16 4:45 pm   Permalink

Hey, I like Miller High Life! It's the champagne of beers, you know.

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-16 5:01 pm   Permalink

Nice! It's a beer Trifecta.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Royale on 2004-01-16 17:02 ]

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation