FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Come celebrate Chinese New Year at Trader Vic's Emeryville: January 22nd. Read on!
Come celebrate Chinese New Year at Trader Vic's Emeryville: January 22nd. Read on!
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-01-09 12:55 pm   Permalink

Aloha!!

Nothing too fancy, just want to round up the Bay Area (and as always, anyone else who's in the neighborhood) folks for drinks in Trader Vic's bar to celebrate Chinese New Year:

***Vic's will be having a traditional lion dance which will make it's way through the bar at 7:30 PM***

Let's meet in the bar at 6:30-6:45 and get good seats for the madness. Should be a good time! Please: no fireworks in the bar!

Ring in Year 4701 in style! Plus: It's the year of the monkey! And everyone loves monkeys!

Please post to this thread if you can make it.

Added bonus: Anyone who wants a bottle of Falernum and can't make it to John Taylor's liquor shop on Sutter, let me know when you reply and I'll bring bottles with me to Vic's for you. Put your orders in early. $15 per bottle.

Mahalo and see you all soon!

Gong Xi Fa Cai! (Mandarin)

Gung Hay Fat Choy! (Cantonese)

[ This Message was edited by: martiki on 2004-01-09 12:56 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-09 9:59 pm   Permalink

Listen to your APE cd's everone! It's the year of the Monkey!

(the sucky thang about chinese new year is the imported Bamboo gets jacked up! They take like a month of work. Why can't we take a month off during our new year!?)

Have fun you all up north!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-12 11:55 am   Permalink

As reasons to visit Vic's go, this one's pretty thin, Martin. See you there!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-12 1:12 pm   Permalink

Thin is in!
I'll be there too!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-01-12 1:27 pm   Permalink

Naomi and I will probably go to Thrillville later that night for Bye Bye Birdie, but maybe we can stop at TVics first! Depends on my work that day, but anyway...

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-01-12 2:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-12 11:55, Tiki-bot wrote:
As reasons to visit Vic's go, this one's pretty thin, Martin. See you there!

Since when do you need a reason?!

Here's a reason: I'm told they make exotic drinks. I hear they're pretty good, too!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-12 3:52 pm   Permalink

I'm on vacation that week, and I'll be there if i'm in town! (Can I sew myself a zaftig girl cheongsam before then? I doubt it.)

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-13 1:58 pm   Permalink

Dang! Can't make it-I have my drafting class Thursdays! Gotta learn how to draft everyone's new tiki landscapes, you know!

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj

Posted: 2004-01-15 4:35 pm   Permalink

Woops, now we officially can't make it to this, because a business trip cropped up for next week. Light a firecracker for us,
-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-15 8:53 pm   Permalink

Just got back from school-drafting has been changed to Friday night (will have to cut class for the Crawl!) Soooo-I can make it after all!

Mai tai! Mai tai!

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-01-20 2:24 pm   Permalink

Bumpity bump bump! C'mon folks- I'll have you home in time for bed.

thejab

Posted: 2004-01-20 2:54 pm   Permalink

It sounds like fun, but the San Francisco Film Noir Festival is happening at the Castro theatre and this particular night they're showing 2 movies I haven't seen (The Accused and The Reckless Moment). It starts at 7PM. That's my excuse, I'm a film noir fan. You can probably find me at the Deke Dickerson show later at the 12 Galaxies Club, 2565 Mission.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-20 6:51 pm   Permalink

I'M hoping to make it!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-01-21 12:36 pm   Permalink

Bruce- I'll take you over- I'm already grabbing Otto at his office so no big deal. Then we rule the South of Market carpool lane!! Har!

Jab- Like, aren't all those boring old movies in black and white? That is so lame!

mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-21 7:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-21 12:36, martiki wrote:
Bruce- I'll take you over- I'm already grabbing Otto at his office so no big deal. Then we rule the South of Market carpool lane!! Har!--SORRY, I'LL HAVE MY TRUCK TOMMORROW
Jab- Like, aren't all those boring old movies in black and white? That is so lame! LIKE NO SURROUND SOUND AND STADIUM SEATING-I AM SO SURE!!!

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation