Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Making honey syrup for drinks
Making honey syrup for drinks
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-11 2:26 pm   Permalink

Those who have made a few drinks from the Grog Log or other tomes have doubtless struggled with the honey. Boil some water and let the bottle float in there and then try to get it out and pour without burning yourself. Behind the bar? No way! There must be a better way. And so it was I asked for the Mai Kai's way from Kern. He confirmed what I thought. They make a syrup just like the sugar syrup. Boiled the honey with water.

So, my question is, have any of you made this, and what portions, etc.? I am going to try it soon, but wanted tips if there were any, to avoid wasting my time or efforts. I will start with the sugar portions I would guess and see how it goes. I am making a new batch of sugar syrup today, and that's what got me thinking.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-12 12:04 pm   Permalink

Don't know if it's available in the U.S. but over here liquid honey can be found in grocery stores.

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation