FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Bigbro's Tiki Central appreciation party Aug.31st - CANCELLED
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Bigbro's Tiki Central appreciation party Aug.31st - CANCELLED
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-06 5:27 pm   Permalink

EDITOR'S NOTE:

PARTY CANCELLED!
Please check out the thread below for details:

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=746&forum=1&15

~Hanford

---

Jawohl, I am opening the sacred halls of my Tiki museum to my fellow Tiki archeologists in the LA area. Every visitor will receive a guide book through my collection in one hand and a Mai Tai in the other, and you will be educated and amused.

This will be 4 days after my 47th birthday, but please bear no gifts, I am rich in Tiki, but poor in moola, so to keep the expense down, just bring lot's of Myers and Mount Gay rum and some munchies (I will grill some smokey links to create a basis for the booze).

Please confirm attendance AND RUM below, that way we can balance the light and the dark rums (at least in the beginning, later it won't matter so much, he he).

Saturday, August 31st, at 6:00 pm
At 2300 Hidalgo Ave. (corner of Bancroft)
in Silverlake

FORM LETTER:
I, (name), and my bottle of: (brand of rum), will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st.

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-08-12 19:18 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-06 6:03 pm   Permalink

That's Labor Day weekend, isn't it? Very nice.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-06 10:20 pm   Permalink

I'll be there, bearing slides of Tiki Gardens, so get the projector out. I'll have to inform you of Rum presents at a later date.

TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-06 10:26 pm   Permalink

Damnit! Here I am stuck on the east coast missing all this good stuff! I need to move out west!!!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-06 11:10 pm   Permalink

Do you have the capability to display an MPEG movie to the masses (goot internet connection?)

If I have my Tiki Tiki Yokohama mini-video review done by then, maybe it could make an appearance at the party...

Depends if it sucks or not. I'll have to check the footage and see. Filming while drinking 'Milky Merons' is not maybe so good an idea!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-07 01:03 am   Permalink

I, Cherry Capri and my bongo playing mate, C.B. Howlie, and my bottle of undisclosed
"late night" rum, will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-07 02:03 am   Permalink

I, Doctor Z, TikiCentral newbie that I am, and TimTiki, my ever-faithful Saturday garage-sale-ing companion, with bottles of, uh... something other than Bacardi in our hands, will definitely visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st.

Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
powerofthetiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-07 06:47 am   Permalink

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous of you guys on the west coast I'm stuck here in Parkville Maryland. Now if I can only get this telaporter working things could get better

[ This Message was edited by: powerofthetiki on 2002-08-07 06:48 ]

View Profile of powerofthetiki Send a personal message to powerofthetiki  Email powerofthetiki Goto the website of powerofthetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-07 08:56 am   Permalink

Thanks for the invite BigBro!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop 2013-02-04 20:22 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-07 10:20 am   Permalink

I, too will have to miss yet ANOTHER incredible tiki-vent

Drat! I curse my East Coast living!!!
Well, you can't stop me from attending in spirit ...

On Aug 31, I will make the most incredible batch of mai-tai's I have ever made and toast bigbro, and all Tiki Cen's alike (and non-alike)!! oh yeah and give alittle back to my homies.

BTW, Happy Birthday Bro!

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-07 11:17 am   Permalink

Sven - I'd love to come - I can bring some concept art & (very brief) home movies of the Banana Train Ride at Pacific Ocean Park if you'd like! Also a book of Tiki Room documentation (altho I've heard about your distain for "Tijuana Tiki"!) Also - I have some video of Trader Vics in Thailand...
I could bring some rum from Trader Joes, I suppose...

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-07 11:58 am   Permalink

Aloha, Sven!

Tina and I will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st with Myers Rum in hand!

Many mahalos for your hospitality!

Uncle Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BONBONVIC
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-07 12:08 pm   Permalink

Sven,
I, Vic & Bonnie (AKA BONONVIC)and my bottle of: STROH Rum 180, will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st.
Thanks for the invite. Mahalo

View Profile of BONBONVIC Send a personal message to BONBONVIC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-07 12:49 pm   Permalink

Ooooh nooo, STROH rum... you need a licence for that! This will add a nice element of danger to the rum lab.
Only allowed for folks with designated drivers...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-07 1:30 pm   Permalink

We, Al and Shelley, and my bottle of Barbancourt, will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st.

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation