FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Talkback: Tiki Central Grand Membership
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Talkback: Tiki Central Grand Membership
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 3:57 pm   Permalink

This is a talkback thread for the Grand Membership announcement.

If you don't want to post here please feel free to let me know what you think by
sending me a private message. I promise I will keep your comments private.

Original Announcement:
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=7161&forum=1&0

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-01-14 17:44 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 4:16 pm   Permalink

I'm glad to be among the first to do my part to help out!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-01-14 4:21 pm   Permalink

Hanford,

Can I just pay you the $24/year amount without taking the pledge. I mean hey, I'm Bong!

(I've said for a long-time now we need to pay some sort of dues as it isn't cheap to run this show)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 4:22 pm   Permalink

I'm GRAND! whee!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 4:26 pm   Permalink

You don't have to ask me twice! The oath quickly allayed my initial star-bellied sneeches concerns. I get the star, without the snobbery! Huzzah!

Critiki - Critiki News - Ooga-Mooga

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 4:36 pm   Permalink

This ride ain't free, even though it's been free for me. I'm happy to help pay for gas!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 4:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far!

Bong,

This isn't just about helping out Tiki Central financially, it's about making it a better place. If you want to paypal me 24 bucks I'll happily take it. But if you want to be a Grand Member, you have to abide by the Code of Conduct.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 5:03 pm   Permalink

I'm just glad to be able to kick in something to help out ... at less than the cost of a Mystery Drink! Such a deal!

Cheers Hanford!

http://www.cybertiki.com

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 5:31 pm   Permalink

I am GRAND! It's the happiest day of my life!!!

Scotty

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 5:34 pm   Permalink

Ain't life grand?

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 5:42 pm   Permalink

Anything to help out TC. Thanks Hanford for making everything so "grand"!

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-01-14 6:05 pm   Permalink

Without hesitation I'm going to contribute, but I think we lose something by automatically, for a few bucks, designating someone/anyone "Grand Member".

With our current system of designations, it takes a bit of loyalty to work your way up the luau food chain from Tiki Centralite to Tiki Socialite to Honorable Tiki Contributor, to the godhead of SPECIAL AGENT (but not if you're a mere mortal).

But now, even Sqwaker or mAdTiKi gets instant cult status by paypal'ing a small amount.

It's kinda like someone buying every single sacred tiki item there could be with a single transaction (including tattoos and musical ability!).

I remember once some professor in school was making some point or other, and he said "if everyone is rich (or poor) in a society, then no one is rich (or poor) in a society". If everyone is a 'Grand Member' than no one is a 'Grand Member'

(allright, start the Bong bashing)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-01-14 6:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-14 18:05, Tiki_Bong wrote:
With our current system of designations, it takes a bit of loyalty to work your way up the luau food chain from Tiki Centralite to Tiki Socialite to Honorable Tiki Contributor, to the godhead of SPECIAL AGENT (but not if you're a mere mortal).

I agree with that. I just passed 1000 posts and am proud to have achieved my title of Honorable Tiki Contributor. I would like to give but can we keep our "earned" member status as well?

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 6:24 pm   Permalink

I do agree with Bong on this. Even being one of the early members, it did take some time to work up to my Tiki Socialite status. Perhaps keeping the old designations and adding the star to those who are grand members is a good compromise?

Of course, I value Tiki Central greatly and am more than happy to contribute. I will do do forthwith.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 6:28 pm   Permalink

Never mind the bollocks...here's the Paypal!

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation