FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tommy Bahama mugs
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tommy Bahama mugs
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-15 3:21 pm   Permalink

I found these nice new mugs at Tommy Bahama around Christmas.... very well done, the detailed flowers on the dresses are hand painted, not screened. The sales lady told me they plan to issue a new design each year. At $16 each, they're a pretty good buy for the quality, and considering the store they came from!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-15 3:33 pm   Permalink

Yes! Someone finally created a wahine mug with an attractive wahine! Those are really beautiful, and I'm surprised Tommy Bahama's is selling them for a relatively reasonable price.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-15 3:37 pm   Permalink

i have never bought anything from there, but those mugs definitely peak my interest. where is this store located?

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-15 3:41 pm   Permalink

I bought a few of these mugs at the Tommy Bahama's in Las Vegas back in Winter of 2002. They are a little different from the ones pictured so I take it, the sales lady was right about the new annual designs. I've never seen that blue one before.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-01-15 3:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-15 15:21, Traderpup wrote:
I found these nice new mugs at Tommy Bahama around Christmas

Hey TraderPup,

Isn't that the brickwork around your pool area. I remember it well after a few of those kick-ass Trader Vic's Grogs you made us at your last gig...

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-15 4:00 pm   Permalink

I bought those two while on a trip to Denver last year.

One is called 'Kimono Lady' and dated 2002
The other is 'Tropical Nostalgia' and dated 2003

I visited a local Tommy Bahama just before Christmas, and there was no 2004 model released yet.

Vern

[edited to remove double post -martiki]

[ This Message was edited by: martiki on 2004-01-19 16:44 ]

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-15 4:11 pm   Permalink

These are beautiful! I have already done a store search for a T.B. retail store in my area. Gotta check that out!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-15 4:14 pm   Permalink

I went to the Tommy Bahama store at the Moana when I was in Hawaii in Nov. looking for the mugs. The sales people there had no Idea what I was talking about... Can the purchased through the mail?
Aloha

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-15 4:16 pm   Permalink

The TB store staff may not recognize them as mugs, you may have to ask for them as vases or something.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-19 3:25 pm   Permalink

Just picked up one of these beautiful mugs from the Tommy Bahamas on the Country Club Plaza in K.C. Preferred the one on the left and passed on the more Asian looking one.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cool Manchu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-19 5:36 pm   Permalink

I have both of the mugs myself. I haven't seen a 2004 model yet. If I do, I will keep y'all posted...

View Profile of Cool Manchu Send a personal message to Cool Manchu  Email Cool Manchu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-19 6:49 pm   Permalink

Lady V got me the yellow one on the right for xmas. We also had picked up a great Mojito 4 glass set for my dad. A good thick glass with a cigar band screened around the bottom with Mojito on it. He almost didn't get it for xmas.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-26 8:00 pm   Permalink

Tikitanked:

Tommy Bahamas in LA is located at the Grove @ Farmer's Market - Third & Fairfax (although I wouldn't be suprised if more have popped up in Pasadena or SaMO).

If you haven't been to the Grove, I recommend it, particularly when the weather's warm as it has a very nice outdoor environment, with knock-off Bellagio fountains and S.F. trolleys. But dine in Farmer's Market, cost effective and equally charming.

Nice meeting you on Saturday.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-26 8:25 pm   Permalink

They have the mugs at the Paseo mall in Pasadena.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cool Manchu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-27 10:42 pm   Permalink

So I contacted Tommy Bahama's and they said I should call one of their flagship stores, which I did and they haven't seen a 2004 mug/tumbler/or the like yet.

I have a conference at Santana Row next week and there is a Tommy Bahama's right near the hotel we will be at where I bought the previous two mugs. I will stop by and ask in person about a 2004 mug.

I will keep y'all posted...

View Profile of Cool Manchu Send a personal message to Cool Manchu  Email Cool Manchu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation