FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Exotica LP available for download
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Exotica LP available for download
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-16 09:56 am   Permalink

Those of you who are fans of old exotica might like the Warren Barker album that's now available for download at milwaukeejohn.com.

http://milwaukeejohn.com/featuredalbum

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-16 09:57 am   Permalink

Thanks! Will have to check that out!

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-16 12:06 pm   Permalink

Yeah baby! Mahalo!

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-07 12:58 pm   Permalink

Here's another freebie by the Blue Shadows:
http://www.retrolicious.com/exl/semsinatra/

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-08 11:06 am   Permalink

You rule! What a treat! Mahalo!

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-08 12:20 pm   Permalink

The Blue Shadows is a great batch of music! Thanks!

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-17 06:59 am   Permalink

More free exotica!! I really like this one. Hurry and dowload it because it will only be up for about a week!

http://www.bellybongo.com/links/sharity.html

[ This Message was edited by: Juno on 2004-02-17 06:59 ]

aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-05-25 6:25 pm   Permalink

I put mp3s of another full LP up for download if anyone's interested. I'll probably leave this up for a few weeks and then replace it again with another LP.

It's called Tempos of Tahiti by the Catamaran Serenaders, and it is
here.

Many familiar Hawaiian melodies on this LP, not the fast percussive sounds you might expect from an LP named for Tahiti. But I like this one because the steel guitar on all the tracks is pretty whimsical or even downright wacky.

This thread seemed like a reasonable place to post. Unless anyone objects, I'll just post here again next time too.

-Randy

[ This Message was edited by: aquarj on 2004-07-19 01:28 ]

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-05-25 10:15 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: BaronV on 2004-09-09 20:08 ]

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-05-26 6:36 pm   Permalink

BaronV, glad you could see the album cover tag - that's part of the fun! The LP has a gatefold cover, and actually the back has almost nothing on it - just a b&w repeat of the album title and songs but no graphics. Then the inside has the usual stuff about where the instruments and microphones were laid out during recording, and some text for each track.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mriddle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-27 09:48 am   Permalink

Thanks for the download! I'm listening to it right now. Thanks for including the album cover art too!! What year was this released? That is the one thing I've noticed about all the old records...no dates, not even a copyright year notice.

THANKS AGAIN!

[ This Message was edited by: mriddle on 2004-05-27 09:55 ]

View Profile of mriddle Send a personal message to mriddle  Email mriddle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-05-28 8:10 pm   Permalink

Right, no date anywhere on the sleeve or the vinyl label just as you guessed. Since it features two songs from Mutiny On the Bounty, and that movie came out in 1962, I guess at least we know it was 62 or later. Enjoy!

-Randy

Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-03 9:16 pm   Permalink

MAhALO for the download!! I love it! It has me going out to find more.

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kalikiana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-03 10:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks Aquarj! I dig the wacky Yaaka Hula Hickey Dula! Wacka-do tiki-hoo! Many Cheers to you! K

[ This Message was edited by: Kalikiana on 2004-06-03 22:14 ]

View Profile of Kalikiana Send a personal message to Kalikiana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-07-19 01:37 am   Permalink

Here is another great LP - Chango & the Polynesians do Polynesian Percussion!

The music is available
here. Great collection of Tahitian style Polynesian music. Many of these songs like Vana Vana, Minoi Minoi, Tahitian Festival, and Papio seem to be standards on a bunch of LPs with Tahitian music. There was a discussion about this on another thread in fact, since one of the best recordings of some of these standards was on the Polynesia! record by Charles Mauu & his Royal Polynesians on Capitol records. Anyway, feel free to have a listen. As usual, these mp3s will just be up temporarily for a few weeks or so.

-Randy

[ This Message was edited by: aquarj on 2004-09-12 17:43 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation