FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Any comments on this mug?
Any comments on this mug?
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-08 1:36 pm   Permalink

I just won this on ebay. Don't know anything about it, I liked the look of it. Had some disposable income from my birthday. BigBro I also purchased your book to help guide me along.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2127406405&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1028834843&indexURL=0&rd=1

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-08 2:59 pm   Permalink

I have a comment:
BAD-ASSED mug!!
Everybody has their own favorite tiki style & this is one of mine.
I have yet to score any mugs in this style & Seeing one of those type mugs together with a tiki bob mug at the thrift store many years ago is what got me interested in collecting in the first place!
That was about 10 years ago. I didnt pick them up & I still think about it to this day with a bit of regret. Around that time I passed up a 'pineapple' head tiki mug from the Hawaiian Room in NY because it had a small chip (never seen another!) AND a green loong neck Don the Beachcomber head mug because it looked 'cowboy' to me.
Acch, the memories....

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-08 7:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
I have a comment:
BAD-ASSED mug!!

Yep, that was a cool mug. I was looking at it, but missed the auction to watch Barry NOT hit #600! Even with tthe crack that is a great score, I figured it would go for more. I have seen 2-3 of these before. It's a great "signature" style mug...cause I think Quong's was the only place it was used, but no sure.

BBTD, those were some fine mugs you didn't get. Oh well...

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation