Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki New Bosko Mugs
New Bosko Mugs
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-17 4:32 pm   Permalink

Does anybody know when Bosko will be releasing some new mugs? I was told about 10 months ago that they would be releasing eight new mugs within the next couple of months. It has been more than a couple of months with no new mugs. Just curious / anxious!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-17 5:59 pm   Permalink

I've been checking out the Bosko mugs too. I visited the Hanalei Hotel bar about a week before Xmas and bought a coupla drinks they now serve in tiki mugs (keepers for about 6 bucks extra). I was curious about where they got their mugs from and they appear to be Bosko. Maybe they're so busy filling orders they've pushed back the schedule. I told the Hanalei they should get their mugs personalized with the name the hotel on them (always thinking about future collectabillity) but I don't think they were that interested in incurring the extra expense.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-17 7:23 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the info. So, they were selling Bosko mugs eh? Could you post a pic? I wanna see, I wanna see!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-17 7:50 pm   Permalink

Check http://www.tikibosko.com/tikimugs.htm The mugs I got from the Hanalei were the Moai Tiki Mug TD26 (brown) and the Head Hunter TD8 (green). They had 4 or 5 others. I'd better get down there tomorrow and finish my research!

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-17 9:52 pm   Permalink

Bosko is super busy outfitting a restaurant.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-17 9:55 pm   Permalink

A restaurant? Oh, you have peeked my interest. Where would this restaurant be (hopefully in Ca)? Do you know a estimated time of his mug releases?

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-17 10:01 pm   Permalink

Hey Chick, I don't know where the restaurant is.
I don't know when the mugs will be released either.
I'm sure if you send him an e-mail, you'll get a response. But you could just keep checking his website everyday too, which you might already do.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-18 12:15 am   Permalink

I believe the place is in SD in the gas lamp area(?) . Bosko is a good guy and will get back to you if you email him.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-18 7:34 pm   Permalink

Those aren't Bosko mugs, they are the same mugs labeled "Chiki Tiki" discussed in this thread:

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=7255&forum=7

Those are also the same (keeper) mugs the Mai Kai uses for their Mara-Amu drink.

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-19 03:10 am   Permalink

There was an article in the San Diego Union-Tribune a few months ago where they did a profile on the local tiki scene, including Bosko. Take a look at this thread:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic-new.php?topic=4843&forum=1

In that same article they mentioned the Gaslamp area tiki restaurant. Around that time I did a personal order pickup from Bosko and asked him about both the tiki restaurant and his ceramics. UNfortunately, at that time, he didn't know anything about the restaurant and was not very optimistic about it's authenticity. I hope that the developers did in fact eventually contact him to do the decor. I'm extremely excited at the mere possibilty that there might be a great new tiki establishment opening practicaly in my neighborhood!

As for the ceramics...I know he has several designs in various stages of production. When I was there he showed me the new mug that he had just finished firing a large run of. Unfortunately every single one of the mugs broke in production due to some unknown problem. I have a feeling he may have been discouraged by that incident. Personally, I'm really looking forward to seeing some new designs from him if they are ever produced.

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation