FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki need info on newer trader vics mugs, because i might get some originals
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
need info on newer trader vics mugs, because i might get some originals
mriddle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 3:59 pm   Permalink

Anyone heard anything about the Trader Vic's Moai scorpion bowl? I e-mailed their customer service from their web site, but haven't heard anything back yet. I could kick myself for not asking when I was there!!!

View Profile of mriddle Send a personal message to mriddle  Email mriddle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Monitors
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 4:14 pm   Permalink

Someone from Trader Vic's corporate Wholesale called me and told me that they do not sell to individuals, but only to the restuarants. She did say that the it is up to each restaurant's discresion if they want to sell their surplus or not. Some TV have gift shops and some don't . She said the best bet is to go to the Emmeryville TV, because that's their flagship restaurant and their gift shop always has surplus. The Rum barrel is not for sale, but the scorpion, somoan fog cutter, the tahitian, the mai tai, the aloha coconut, and the moai scorpion bowl is for sale. Moai is going for $30.

View Profile of The Monitors Send a personal message to The Monitors  Email The Monitors     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 5:38 pm   Permalink

i guess i have a reason to head up to emmeryville, got to get some funds first. thank you again for the update

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mriddle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-26 11:53 am   Permalink

OK, finally got an email back Trader Vics', and the Vice President at that. In the message Frank T.(Ted) Hittell wrote that they do in fact sell their scorpion bowls even though they are not on the web site. He didn't give a price but said to call Gail in Customer service after Wed. 28th (on vacation) and she will "set you up".

View Profile of mriddle Send a personal message to mriddle  Email mriddle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-27 7:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-22 16:14, The Monitors wrote:
Someone from Trader Vic's corporate Wholesale called me and told me that they do not sell to individuals, but only to the restuarants.... The Rum barrel is not for sale, but the scorpion, somoan fog cutter, the tahitian, the mai tai, the aloha coconut, and the moai scorpion bowl is for sale. Moai is going for $30.

Some updates...

for my birthday, Mrs. Zombified ordered me some goods from TV's. The good news is that Gail in customer service hinted at the fact that they considering and/or are in the process of adding their mugs & bowls to their online store (!!!) Very cool indeed.

The problem with my order is that I was really hoping for a Moai Bowl, but when my wife was describing it over the phone, they had never heard it called a "Moai Scorpion Bowl" and in the confusion I received this:

Which is great, but I already have one. Now I've heard this called a Hula Bowl, Aloha Bowl, Scorpion Bowl, etc. I really am beginning to think that Trader Vic's calls their mugs something completely different from our "street" names (so to speak). Example, the packing slip listed the Skull mug as a "Hot Buttered Rum Skull Mug". It can be confusing to say the least.

Until they're available online, can anyone shed some light on names? Also, what is the "Tahitian"? I probably know it, just not by name.

Photos please.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-27 11:37 pm   Permalink

If I remember correctly...
The Moai bowl which you seek (brown, triangular bowl with 3 moai heads) is used to serve the "Tiki Bowl".
Lady Royale managed to drop one in her purse when we were at TV's for my birthday!
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-10-28 10:48 am   Permalink

The TV bowl you want is the one made by Tepco and as Al says, is THICK. It's vitrified.

(I'd post a picture of mine, but my interest in this thread is waning)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paulamir

Posted: 2007-03-01 2:25 pm   Permalink

I went to Trader Vics in Beverly Hills last night. Was a super good time, and I asked if I could buy some glasses they told me No, that i would have to get online and order them from the website, but there is no order option on the website. I wonder if this is because they are closing down soon.

View Profile of Paulamir Send a personal message to Paulamir      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation