[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving More Benzart TIKIs
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
More Benzart TIKIs
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-20 09:21 am   Permalink

Here are some more of my earlier carvings.

This is one of several I did for the Harbor Hut Tiki Bar on the Intracoastal in Boynton Beach Florida.

This was my first Real looking Tiki and it was a wood similar to Cocobola, Very Hard but beautiful

This last one was Almost my last one forever. It was from a 50 ft Stadium Light Pole that was Treated with Arsenic among other chemicals. I found this out after getting Very Ill from carving it, then tracking down the source. Too bad too, it was Beautiful wood.

Well this is enough for now.
Here is a link to my Shutterfly pix:
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b341da5084b3&notag=1
I have a few more Tiki pictures left to scan, then I'm going to finish scanning my Other carvings of Pelicans, Dolphins, Indians and various other stuff.Thanks for your Patience.
Benzart

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-20 5:13 pm   Permalink

rollin rollin rollin, keep those pictures rollin!

Auwwwwie! Haaaaawaiian! sweet pics brah.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-24 8:35 pm   Permalink

Man...I just took a hard look ate these new pics..Those are all awesome. The Harbor hut one and the "first real-looking" ones are my faves. Great stuff.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-24 9:22 pm   Permalink

Beautiful work my bruddah. That first one has a nice ass.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-24 10:18 pm   Permalink

Wow! How did you ever trace the arsenic and chemical treatments in time? You are lucky! Glad you did!
Beautiful work.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-25 1:26 pm   Permalink

The Poles came from the Pompano Beach Ball park lighting. When I got sick, I asked them where the Poles came from and they looked back in their records, Contacted the company and gave me spec's on the Poles treatment chemicals.
Thanks for the compliment.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-28 8:54 pm   Permalink

aloha Benzart, diggin the pics keep em coming. You are definately another artist sendin out inspiration across the ether.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-29 11:29 am   Permalink

Amazing work Benzart, I love it. Can't wait to go to O'Donnells tommorow to see if your Tikis are there. That cocobolo Tiki, was it as hard? Man I have a little piece of that stuff, it's like steel, beautiful grain though. My favorite is that last Tiki, very unique.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-18 7:43 pm   Permalink

Bump it bump itup bump it bump good bumpit up good

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-18 9:12 pm   Permalink

Lol. I love that you just bumped all of your topics up. That's hilarious.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-18 9:25 pm   Permalink

I like the first one with the mullet & the smooth behind!

What were the dimensions of the log for that HUGE Lono? I suspect there's a great story behind that one. (hint, hint)

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmHarborTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-19 04:14 am   Permalink

Wow Benzart!! Too cool. I wanna grow up to be just half as good as you. Keep em coming.

View Profile of PalmHarborTiki Send a personal message to PalmHarborTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-19 06:52 am   Permalink

I guess it Was kind of Rude of be to bump all this stuff up wasn't it. Sorry 'bout that. I had a good reason at the time but I don't remember what it was. It was only 10 pm so I can't blame any drugs or rum

TikiTita
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-20 9:46 pm   Permalink

Ok, I'm freaking out over starting my first "big" tiki (two feet or so)--and completely screwing it up already. I just got a reality check for the concept of big. What did you carve the giant guy for? Is there a story? And where were you? Is that your workshop? Oh man, I can't worry about making a tiki bar until we get a bigger workspace! Ono better start working more hours, I'm thinking bigger house, workshop, more tools, big yard...

View Profile of TikiTita Send a personal message to TikiTita      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-21 12:25 am   Permalink

bump all you want Ben! How the hell ya been?

[ This Message was edited by: thechikitiki on 2005-02-21 00:26 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation