FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Questions about SF Tiki Crawl IV
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Questions about SF Tiki Crawl IV
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-03-11 07:47 am   Permalink

Tony: Sorry, but all your products must be pre-carved. Can't have any carving at Vic's. It's safe to say that Vic's management would have an aneurysm if we tried to do that. We're taking a big leap as it is with the Vendor Room. Maybe next year if this goes well, we could do something on their patio. Mahalo!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-03-11 07:48 am   Permalink

Hey Tiki Chris: are you and Emi still thinking about coming out? Hope so!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-11 12:03 pm   Permalink

mariki! I signed up. Just wanna be absotivley-posolutely sure that I'm on the bus. See, I'm skippin town, when I should be helping my friend finish her packing, since she is moving to hoity toity land. She's mighty steamed I'm leaving. hehehee, but I had pre-warned her. Anyhow, be on the lookout for a Miss Francine coming down LA way. She's gonna be in Long Beach, and she already knows that on my visits I'll be hi-tailin it to Seafood Sams. I got to go there for a wedding, and decided that alot of time needs to be spent there... hehehehe

Wooohoo, I'm coming to SF! I git to see everyone! YAY!
PEa

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-03-11 12:50 pm   Permalink

Yeehaw, pea's coming to town! Is Mr. Doodie coming with you?

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-11 2:09 pm   Permalink

I signed up for the e-mail list, but haven't received anything. I want to be positive I'm on the bus! So PLEASE include 2 for the bus under 'Tacky Tiki!'

Mahalo!

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-11 8:17 pm   Permalink

Martiki, are international travellers are guaranteed a place on the bus by nature of the extreme measures and distances undertaken to arrive at the crawl?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-03-11 10:33 pm   Permalink

***Tickets for the SF Tiki Bus will go on sale at 3:00PM PST on Friday, March 12. Watch Tiki Events for a new thread***

Don't miss out!

If you are a Grand Member, you might want to swing by the Grand Ceremonial Forum of Mystery. Let's just say that "membership has it's privileges"....

Kanaloa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-12 12:09 pm   Permalink

New to Tiki Central and excited about the Crawl and since I live in the San Jose area I can just about "crawl" home. I would love join everyone on the bus however my wife is pregnant and the bus ride is 2 weeks prior to the birth. So, to keep the mai-tai's flowing for you on the bus I'll have to skip the bus this year but would still like to participate in all the other activities. The bonus I guess to having a pregnant wife is I do have a designated driver.

What I'd like to know is that we can still join the festivities at places like the Conga Bar and Bamboo Hut since you mention "closed to public"?

FYI: I have been "thinking" Tiki since my days drinking at Don the Beachcombers in Santa Clara and Trader Vic's in SF / Emeryville but now only finally getting around to building the bar, etc.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

View Profile of Kanaloa Send a personal message to Kanaloa  Email Kanaloa Goto the website of Kanaloa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-03-12 12:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-12 12:09, Kanaloa wrote:

What I'd like to know is that we can still join the festivities at places like the Conga Bar and Bamboo Hut since you mention "closed to public"?

You can certainly join the festivities. Strongly suggest that you wear some aloha clothes to expedite your entrance! Just tell them you're with the SF Tiki Bar Crawl.

Welcome!

k'eli
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-12 5:54 pm   Permalink

Aloha New to TC and this is a great way to meet all the Tiki lovers as well as the great drinks. Being a bartender of tropical drinks at private parties, this will be a treat for me not to have to make drinks.

Oops! tryin to do too many things. SF Crawl is my priority - so I will have to catch them another time.

Mahalo for watching out for me.

[ This Message was edited by: k'eli on 2004-03-15 16:37 ]

View Profile of k'eli Send a personal message to k'eli      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-03-12 9:17 pm   Permalink

k'eli, I thought you were going to the Menehunes show! I hope you don't think you can make both. That would be tricky.

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-14 2:32 pm   Permalink

It appears all of the cost effective rooms at the Mosser are sold out. Does anyone have any suggestions/opinions on other nearby hotels, such as the Commodore or the Metropolis?

Thanks.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-03-15 12:54 am   Permalink

The Hotel Metropolis is cool. Remodeled a few years ago. 800-553-1900. We had wedding guests stay there. That's a good choice.

If you're not set on staying in SF, you can always go with the Four Points! Convenient!

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 11:03 pm   Permalink

Hey Martiki,

I plan to be at Trader Vic's on Friday, but unfortunately only for a couple of hours. Gotta catch the late flight out on Friday night at 8:30 pm so I can be at work first thing on Saturday morning (crazy time of year).

I should be free by 4:00 pm so if anybody wants to meet up early at Trader Vic's for drinks and pupus let me know (I think they open at 5:00 pm?).

At least I'll be there for start of the festivities, eh?

Looking forward to meeting my No Cal homies (and others!).

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 1:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-23 23:03, stentiki wrote:

I should be free by 4:00 pm so if anybody wants to meet up early at Trader Vic's for drinks and pupus let me know (I think they open at 5:00 pm?).

Hey Arty, The vendors will be getting there around five o'clock to start setting up. If you get there to early we may put you to work moving tikis

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation