[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Pre Party Open Hut Sept. 28th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Pre Party Open Hut Sept. 28th
artbyanne
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-09-25 09:13 am   Permalink

Aloha Al n Shelley,
You both are the best hosts and we'd love to see your pad!
Unfortunately we'll be missing all the fun...
We wanted to camp at SanO and bring our Tiki Princess to the Bash,but adults only
(plus she just had an abcess drained and a pulpectomy on her tooth so no moolah for all the Tiki Farm goodies!).
Wish we could be there.I'll be bummed seeing all the fun we missed!!
Have a great time and thanks for the invite!
Mahalo,Anne:)

View Profile of artbyanne Send a personal message to artbyanne  Email artbyanne Goto the website of artbyanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-01 12:53 pm   Permalink

Much Mahalo to Al & Shelley!

The open house was awesome! As I barely spun around in a daze trying to take in all that is the Lagoon Room, Al had the most awesome drink resting in my hand! Shelley promptly gave me the mini tour. I had a hard time focusing on the tour; I was mezmerized by the mysterious fog bubbling from around my exotic drink. Tropical sounds and the scent of coconut and exotic rums filled the air. Lost in a sea of bamboo, thatch, Tiki mugs and carvings, the Lagoon Room had turned my 30 minute drive into an overseas journey to a tropical paradise!

Al's mixology and Shelley's pu-pus kept us TC savages relatively civilized... at least until the hula girls arrived to perform a Polynesian Revue! (How does that song go? Keep your eyes on the hands......!) Oh, and a bit of advice: don't ask Shelley about the red spike-heels, feather boa, blond wig, and Xena costume... you won't get a straight answer!

Thanks again for the pre-bash hospitality! You set the mood for a truly awesome afternoon/evening!

visit Traderpup.com

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-01 1:57 pm   Permalink

I must echo the sentiment of Trader Pup. Al and Shelly, THANKS for a great Pre-party! It was nice to finally meet some TC'ers and put faces to the names to the names.....?? Real names, that is - even though I don't remember anyone's real name! The Lagoon Room was indeed a sight to behold and the drinks were fabulous.

Al and Shelly made me feel right at home and the TC'ers I met made me feel like I was hanging with old friends. The comradere of this club is great. Can't wait for the next event!

Maholo Nui Loa!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-01 11:09 pm   Permalink

What a hospitable pair you guys are! Your house is completely fabulous and was well worth the trip. The gracious and lovely Shelly kept us fed and the talented Al mixed up amazingly tasty drinks. Sorry we didn't make it for the hula dancing. Perhaps next time.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-02 4:09 pm   Permalink

Along with what everyone else said, I had a great time! A big MAHALO to Al & Shelley for their tiki hospitality. I enjoyed every minute- the music, hula dancing, decor, food, drinks, a place to sleep , and especially enjoying the company of so many TC people!!

...some pics are on the way soon...

Al & Shelley are the best!! They TRUELY embody the TC spirit!! (Fatuhiva, take note)

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-03 3:44 pm   Permalink

I want to thank everyone for coming down to Oceanside. We all had a great time. I want to thank the Hula Dance Troop "Na Leo O'Kalani" for the great entertainment. it was relly a great weekend, It was good to see my old pals and good to meet new ones.
Mahalo,
Al and Shelley

The Usual Suspects

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-10-03 4:47 pm   Permalink

That was quite a fantastic day! Al & Shelly, I never get tired of the view from your backyard. Looking at the pictures takes me back to that day (jeez I look old!)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-03 8:50 pm   Permalink

Al & Shelly,

Looks like a great time. Wish we could have been there, but it was nice seeing you again at the Bash. Tina and I were so envious when we heard about the drinks, the dancers, and your usual incredible hospitality.

We will make it out to the Lagoon Room someday.

Until then, we wish you many fond Alohas!

Arty and Tina

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-23 11:16 am   Permalink

Big Al and his delicious, fog spewing "Marlin"

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-23 12:04 pm   Permalink

I realized that I didn't put these pictures up yet. I hope you will agree that it's better late than never! The Lagoon Room is more like the Lagoon HOUSE! Every room is tikified, down to the textiles. The living room is a tiki bar that looks out over the fluffy green lawn and a pretty little valley/canyon. The Kneppers are blessed, indeed. They even brought in hula dancers to entertain us. About 8 people crashed there overnight, too. I tried to get a picture of the living room/bar campers, but my camera wasn't cooperating. I tried like 3 times, I think. Hmmm...

The gang imbibes.

The Marlin gets a photo of its own.

Hula!

Big Al, after hours.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation