FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 10:54 am   Permalink

Aloha everyone.
I got to thinking about the various clever and exotic names that my fellow TC members had bestowed upon their private little paradises. In several posts we have had beautiful photos of many a home bar or backyard oasis. (Any of which I would love to visit if we ever get to travel again!)

So I thought, why not ask folks to check in with the name of their tiki space. Here's a few that I remember, who else has one to add to the list?

Basement Kahuna--Kon Tiki Paradise Room
Primo Kimo--Kahiki Moon Room
Martiki--The Foggy Grotto
Humuhumu--The Humuhumu Room (Is it in Seattle still or LA ??)
Sabina--The Lounge of the Seven Pleasures
Tiki Royale--The Aloha Room
Puamana & Selector Lopaka--Backyard Bali Hai

We have been calling ours By a name created by our 6 year old daughter.
She named it:TROPIDISE (A SORT OF CONJUNCTION OF TROPICAL PARADISE)

[ This Message was edited by: 8FT Tiki on 2004-01-23 10:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: 8FT Tiki on 2004-01-23 11:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: 8FT Tiki 2008-03-18 19:21 ]

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 11:00 am   Permalink

The Fabulous Lagoon Room.

Mahalo,
Al

[ This Message was edited by: Alnshely 2008-03-18 17:17 ]

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 11:05 am   Permalink

Oh yeah, and Tikifish, what is the official name of the hallway you just completed?

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 11:23 am   Permalink

The Leloi Lounge, since our cat Leroy uses it more than anyone else.

[ This Message was edited by: badmojo on 2004-05-11 11:17 ]

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mriddle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 11:31 am   Permalink

Just finished my home tiki bar. My proposed name is "Kupa Kai Lounge" after the Kupa Kai headhunters on Gillian's Island. But my wife hates Gilligan so I hope she will let me call it that.

View Profile of mriddle Send a personal message to mriddle  Email mriddle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 11:46 am   Permalink

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

http://www.audioautographs.com/tiki/barcontest.htm

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 11:48 am   Permalink

8ftr,
i was thinking the same question. thank you for posting this. there are two sections to mine: the Jungle Lounge, a working title, which is an amalgom of exotic treasures, from tiki to vintage cocktail to vintage scifi and burlesque. a few customized peices of furniture that i have made or at least added to. will post pics soon. it is defintely a work in progress. The bar is still yet unnamed. working title is the iguana isle, though that name is not really doin it for me. the reason being(if you did not read my post in beyond tiki) that our iguana lester's terrarium, which is 6ft tall by 4ft wide by 2 feet deep, makes up one of the walls of the bar itself. while you are sipping a blue hawaiian, you can turn around on your stool and check lester out. it has kind of a calming effect. anyways, the name is still to be found, i am definitely up for suggestions. the bar area is far far from complete, and construction has probably suffered due to lack of funds as of late and the question of investing in decorating an apartment versus saving to buy a house. my last trip to oceanic arts gave me ideas and i ended up buying a large fishnet, some bamboo and some sea life.
look forward to seeing and hearing about more home bars.
alandshel, that is a beauty

[ This Message was edited by: tikitanked on 2004-01-23 11:51 ]

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 11:56 am   Permalink

unga- missed a chance to bid on that, see what happens when i dont check in to ebay for one miilisecond. what are the chances that you will have another one of those up for auction?

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iolani
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-23 12:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-23 11:31, mriddle wrote:
My proposed name is "Kupa Kai Lounge" after the Kupa Kai headhunters on Gillian's Island. But my wife hates Gilligan so I hope she will let me call it that.

What about Kobra Kai? Kobra Kai Mai Tai shows no Mercy, sensei!

The computer desk / lan party hub / bar I'm building out in the basement is tentatively called the "Kuapa Kai Fun Factory," after the place where I spent too many quarters on Space Invaders and Galaxian.

View Profile of Iolani Send a personal message to Iolani      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 12:07 pm   Permalink

Kona Cove is what I newly named my evolving tiki room... though I have been spending too much time carving tikis and not enough working on the room...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 12:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-23 12:00, Iolani wrote:
The computer desk / lan party hub / bar I'm building out in the basement is tentatively called the "Kuapa Kai Fun Factory," after the place where I spent too many quarters on Space Invaders and Galaxian.

Hey Iolani, what game(s) you going to play at your LAN parties? Inquiring minds want to know...

em.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iolani
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-23 12:34 pm   Permalink

Day of Defeat and Neverwinter Nights. That's all the network action I enjoy.

View Profile of Iolani Send a personal message to Iolani      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 12:36 pm   Permalink

Our basement is known as the Bamboolodge, because we have done it up in a combo of Northwoods and Polynesian decor. The west end of the basement is where the bar is located so that's where most of the tikis and Hawaiiana stuff is, but as time goes on it's starting to spill into the Northwoods area. We are planning on taking some digitals and posting them soon.
TTFN,
Dave & Coalbe

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 12:38 pm   Permalink

I lounge in the Spectacular East Indies Room

[ This Message was edited by: Traderpup on 2004-01-23 12:40 ]

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 12:42 pm   Permalink

Aku Hall of course, meeting place of sacred spirits!

This might be a good time to mention that I have extensively gutted and redecorated the Hall over the past 5 weeks, and I am going to have a grand re-opening party in February... watch Tiki Events for details when I decide on a date.

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation