FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 06:34 am   Permalink

smiley
next time im back in Vegas I gota c dat room
AMAZINGGGGGGGG

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
got reggae ?

Posted: 2011-11-27 1:03 pm   Permalink

The Mad Mongoose
Tiki Bar

View Profile of got reggae ? Send a personal message to got reggae ?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-27 1:14 pm   Permalink

Next year gonna make a trek to LV...gotta hit Frankies and would so love to see the 4H...it looks awesome.

This is the sign my friend Ken [moondog426] made for the VampTiki Lounge.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2011-11-27 13:53 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-01 12:00 am   Permalink

The Wayfarer

I had the sign made in Subic Bay. I asked the carver what woods he had and he said all he had was mahogany or monkeypod. (Remember this is the Phillipines so cedar and pine are exotic foreign woods but mahogany is normal) I asked about the price difference since monkeypod is a bit more expensive than mahogany stateside. He shrugs and says, "It's the same price." I went with the monkeypod! The lettering is in Old English which isn't tiki BUT in Olongapo & Subic Bay that's the default font they carve in and so its associate it with carved signs from there.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-01 10:16 am   Permalink

Did some painting last weekend for the first time in a long time.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-01 10:33 am   Permalink

Nice, love the shape. I don't think I shared my very excellent Eric October creation here yet:

I love maps, and Big Daddy Olu is in the position from where he overlooks the lake.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-01 10:52 am   Permalink

And here is my fine Eric October creation for my place.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jeffro1962

Posted: 2012-02-01 10:56 am   Permalink

The Hukkaboom Lounge , entertainment nightly.

A lovely sign made from a packing pallet hung over the door to our break room at work until the new regime of Gap khaki clad tightasses took it down as being " unprofessional ". It was in quasi oriental/tiki script with all our nicknames on it .

Since such things are frowned upon at work, I adopted the name for my tiki bar in progress.

View Profile of jeffro1962 Send a personal message to jeffro1962      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
joekerr9

Posted: 2012-02-01 12:18 pm   Permalink

My home tiki bar is named Tiki Joe's Voodoo Lounge! I have built three tiki bars I will post some pictures up as well.

View Profile of joekerr9 Send a personal message to joekerr9  Email joekerr9     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-01 1:38 pm   Permalink

The Forgotten Tiki room.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-01 1:48 pm   Permalink

EXCELLENT choice of name, Mr. Banks!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-01 2:24 pm   Permalink

Thank you, sir! No spill blood.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-01 6:34 pm   Permalink

That's better than the House of Pain.

A lot of those early 1930's pre-code jungle horror films would be good inspirations for Tiki Bar names...

1. House of the "White Zombie"
2. Skull Island (a la "King Kong")
3. "West of Zanzibar" (or maybe the "Kongo" Room, the talky remake of the Lon Chaney silent).

This is the stuff Don Beach was probably watching at the movies right before he opened the Hollywood DTBC.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rhummbatito55
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-04 7:00 pm   Permalink

The "Rhummba" is what shes called !

View Profile of Rhummbatito55 Send a personal message to Rhummbatito55  Email Rhummbatito55     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-06 6:23 pm   Permalink

"Haole Jim's"....

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation