FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Who is Kevin D on Queer Eye?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Who is Kevin D on Queer Eye?
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2004-01-23 12:57 pm   Permalink

Apparently there is a Kevin D who is a lover of Lounge and Tiki culture who will be [edited by martiki 2/24/04 to avoid further misunderstandings] on QE on Feb 24.

Most likely the guy lives in the greater New York area as that is where the show is based

Kevin are you out there?
Does anyone know Kevin?

[ This Message was edited by: martiki on 2004-02-24 15:18 ]

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 1:13 pm   Permalink

This is him.

Hi Kevin,
Welcome to TC! (sorry about that "broken link".)

[edited to fix broken link -martiki 2/24]

[ This Message was edited by: martiki on 2004-02-24 15:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-02-25 12:36 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kwdjr

Posted: 2004-02-24 08:26 am   Permalink

Hi Otto,
i'm Kevin from Queer Eye. tried to contact you yesterday.
How's it going?
You can reach me at
kdowneyjr@yahoo.com

View Profile of kwdjr Send a personal message to kwdjr  Goto the website of kwdjr     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 08:53 am   Permalink

You poor, sorry bastard!

I mean, um, so how was that experience for you?

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 09:15 am   Permalink

Hi Kevin D....Welcome to Tiki Central!
http://www.bravotv.com/Queer_Eye_for_the_Straight_Guy/Episodes/118/

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 09:18 am   Permalink

yes, welcome!

from link above: "his dusty, over-cluttered [living accomodations] is both an allergist's nightmare and a minor fire hazard." - doesn't this describe all of our places? j$

Kon: i think that term doen't have any true sexual content, it's just a more visceral version of the term meaning something like "get raked over the coals" or "get the shite kicked out of..."

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-02-24 09:25 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kwdjr

Posted: 2004-02-24 09:26 am   Permalink

Hello everyone and thanks for the greeting!

It was the BEST experience of my life!! SO groovy! WAIT until you see what they did to my place- I can't give it away, (legally, or I'll get sued and they will take away my fake tan), but it's unbelieveable!

Kdjr

View Profile of kwdjr Send a personal message to kwdjr  Goto the website of kwdjr     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 09:42 am   Permalink

[quote]

Kon: i think that term doen't have any true sexual content, it's just a more visceral version of the term meaning something like "get raked over the coals" or "get the shite kicked out of..."

Apologies to Feelin Zombified & all - comment retracted

[ This Message was edited by: Kon-Hemsby on 2004-02-24 09:43 ]

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 09:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-24 09:04, Kon-Hemsby wrote:

Why the homophobia?

I don't think it's homophobia, just being protective of Tiki. Anybody remember this thread:

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic-new.php?topic=5701&forum=1

on a related topic, anyone see Straight Plan For The Gay Man last night on Comedy Central?

-Z

everyone all together: Grunt. Scratch. Belch. Repeat.

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 09:52 am   Permalink

OK, NOW is when I wish to tiki I had cable!!!!!!!!!

Kevin, welcome to Tiki Central! We eagerly await you and your apartment's transformation! (I'm crossing my fingers that they keep a swank lounge thing going for you. So when's the Tiki Central housewarming party?)

Of course, "...dusty, over-cluttered [living accomodations] is both an allergist's nightmare and a minor fire hazard" DOES describe my place, too! Do they have a show "Dusting Whirlwind for the Straight Girlfriend"?

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 09:57 am   Permalink

Did Ted massacre a Mai Tai?

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 10:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-24 09:52, Formikahini wrote:
(snip)

Of course, "...dusty, over-cluttered [living accomodations] is both an allergist's nightmare and a minor fire hazard" DOES describe my place, too! Do they have a show "Dusting Whirlwind for the Straight Girlfriend"?

hey formikahini,just do like donna reed did, put on your best poufy dress, pearls, and a small apron, and the house practially dusts itself! teehee j$

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kwdjr

Posted: 2004-02-24 10:27 am   Permalink

I PROMISE that NO ONE reading this will be disapointed with what the Fab 5 did to my abode! I was so excited I almost vomited, (in a good way)!

naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 11:18 am   Permalink

I hope the toilet bowl had that cleaner in it that turns the water into a Blue Hawaii. I use that in my Enchanted Pee Pee room

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 11:52 am   Permalink

On tonights episode even!!! I always get a good laugh out of that show...does anyone else think the one guy looks a bit like Sal Mineo?

Matt

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation