FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Who is Kevin D on Queer Eye?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Who is Kevin D on Queer Eye?
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-02-24 11:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-24 10:03, Johnny Dollar wrote:
your best poufy dress

another fine phrase that becomes offensive through the atlantic looking glass.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 12:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-24 11:54, atomictonytiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-02-24 10:03, Johnny Dollar wrote:
your best poufy dress

another fine phrase that becomes offensive through the atlantic looking glass.

hee hee... hadn;t thought of that... how about

shag rug?
buying a ginger beer?
git outta here?
out-of-bounder?

j$

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 12:19 pm   Permalink

don't forget, the "lost in translation" goes both ways:

ever smoke a fag in the loo?

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-02-24 3:17 pm   Permalink

Whoa! We are getting off track here- Kevin is in the house! Mahalo and welcome to Tiki Central. Personally, I'm really looking forward to seeing the episode. Glad to hear it was a good experience- I'm a big fan of the show. I trust Ted will do right by the Mai Tai. He did some nice cocktail work a few episodes ago, even if the guy they were helping screwed it all up.

Stick around Kevin- there's some cool TC people in Manhattan who I'm sure would be glad to show you a good time at the NYC places. Plus, you're bound to find a world of information here about this that and the other.

Aloha!

[ps - I'm going to edit Otto's original post a bit to avoid any further misunderstandings]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 6:12 pm   Permalink

Yeah, Go Brooklyn!

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 8:42 pm   Permalink

martiki wrote:
(Ted) did some nice cocktail work a few episodes ago, even if the guy they were helping screwed it all up.

Was that the geeky kid who dropped the super swell vintage cocktail shaker (mint condition, as in never had been used before) and smashed it to bits on his kitchen floor? My jaw literally dropped open in shock and I had to call a cocktail afficianado friend (in another time zone, even) and relate the horror I had witnessed.

Some people should just be given a case of Zima and a stack of plastic cups.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 8:50 pm   Permalink

Wasn't that sad? The poor fellow was appropriately devastated at having broken it. I felt so bad for him, I almost cried a little.

No cable here now that I'm no longer at Dr. Z's -- can someone recap the tiki bits?

Welcome to the gang, Kevin! I can also vouch for the hospitality of the New York tikiphiles -- they're swell! Be sure to connect with them for a Monday night at Otto's (keep an eye on the Tiki Events forum).

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 9:05 pm   Permalink

Kevin,
Wow, much better than I would have thought.
very cool room, I love the walls.
Congrats on your engagement. just one question though, what did they do with all the Stuff?

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 06:06 am   Permalink

Kevin,
Great, great show! Glad it turned out so well, and the room was nice too! Keep it tiki. Honeymoon at the Hukilau.

JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-02-25 07:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-24 12:19, Feelin' Zombified wrote:
don't forget, the "lost in translation" goes both ways:

ever smoke a fag in the loo?

-Z

I once got taken by a friend to a gay bar in S.F. and got into trouble when i asked the barman "were they any fags behind the bar? because i couldn't find a machine that sold any".

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 09:31 am   Permalink

Loved the wallpaper on the show and the bamboo wall covering.

As for the "fag" thing...

I was at a bar once when a girl from the UK asked in a very slurred voice "You 'av a fag?" Which sounded to me like "You're a fag?" To which I said "No, I'm not gay." So she asked again. And this went on for a while... "No no, a fag, a cigarette. I wasn't calling you a puff." I was confused...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 09:50 am   Permalink

More craziness from those wacky Brits

http://www.mrbrainsfaggots.com/faggot_family.htm

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-02-25 10:05 am   Permalink

I love the faggot family! I haven't seen that website in a while. It's an old favourite.

I once got in trouble in a british pub for ordering two pints with my fingers raised in a v and the back of my hand facing the barkeep. Mistakes were made.

Damn! Off track!

Still there, Kevin?

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 11:30 am   Permalink

I liked the bedrooms wallpaper too! Kevin your rotating bar is very cool, glad they used it! Did they stock it to? If so, that alone would have been woth all the abuse you went thru

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 11:46 am   Permalink

Welcome to TC Kevin - and Congratulations on the new look and the ENGAGEMENT!! I cried! I always cry during the reveal on QE, though. They did a great job, and you and Matilda are very cute! I love the QE guys, and I love the show, the best part is they really respect what's important to the straight guy, and even though they are brutal at the beginning they aren't really judgmental about it! PLUS - mr. pineapple learns a lot from them, for instance after one show where they took the SG to Bumble and Bumble, a fancy salon in NY, and I made a big fuss about how great the chichi product is, he got me some for Christmas!
I suggest you and Matilda come out to the TIKI OASIS in Palm Springs for your wedding! We got married there last year and it was a blast!
Good luck, and again, congratulations!
mrs. pineapple

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation