FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Last minute Tonga Hut run!
Last minute Tonga Hut run!
mriddle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 12:57 pm   Permalink

Any Tiki Centralites in the LA San Fernando Valley area, feel like a stop at the Tonga Hut tonight friday (1/23/04)?? A few of us will be there 2nite about 8pm!!!

12808 Victory Blvd. (west of the 170 freeway)
North Hollywood

818-769-0708

View Profile of mriddle Send a personal message to mriddle  Email mriddle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 1:26 pm   Permalink

hey mriddle,
i will be there, and will try to rope the in the fiancee. i believe evil mastermind and his gal will also be in attendance.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 1:33 pm   Permalink

just to be TC correct, and to avoid someone nailing you for the dreaded "posted in the wrong area" this should probably have been put in the tiki events section. yeh we are saved

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 1:36 pm   Permalink

Tonga Hut's been on my to-see list for some time now. I'll try to be there tonight.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 3:29 pm   Permalink

I hope to meet up with you all there. It'd be between 8 and 9 so hopefully you'll still be around.
Fun!

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 5:40 pm   Permalink

look forward to meeting you all
weirdo, i just looked up yer photo soes ile nose whose use is

[ This Message was edited by: tikitanked on 2004-01-23 17:43 ]

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 6:26 pm   Permalink

I'm in - can't wait to see their new upgrades. Anyone mind if I light up a stogie to go with my MaiTai?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-24 12:06 pm   Permalink

Had a great time meeting christiki295, tikitanked, Evil Mastermind and mriddle and their assorted better halves for the first time, and it's always a pleasure to visit with that loveable drink snob, weirdunc. He's a brave one, he ordered a Blue Hawaii... what he got looked more like a Blue Hawaiian and it appeared that the taste was, well, better left undescribed. Evil Mastermind ordered a zombie, which had the advertised effect as it was pretty much solid alcohol. Yikes! They do pour them stiff there, if that's your thing. Worth the trip out there, though -- Tonga Hut is 1/2 of the way to being a really fantastic tiki bar, it's got some outstanding aspects to it. It will be interesting to check back after the new owners have taken over next month.

Here's some pics!

Weird Uncle Tiki takes one for the team

l to r: so of christiki295, christiki295, weirduncletiki, tikitanked, so of tikitanked, mriddle, so of Evil Mastermind, so of mriddle, Evil Mastermind

A very, very wrong sight at a tiki get-together

Per usual, more pics
here.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-24 12:17 pm   Permalink

Indeed, a fine time! I reallly enjoyed meeting some new Los Angeles Tiki Centralites and seeing some familiar faces at the often overlooked Tonga Hut. That Blue Hawaiian would have made me turn my huge "loveable drink snob" nose up at it if the charming bartender hadn't been so friendly. Her happy and warm smile let me know that even though beer may be the safest bet, the tropicals are made with the secret ingredient of love and that made all the difference! Now, more Tiki Central hang nights there! Let's show the new owners what we're all about.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-24 12:59 pm   Permalink

humu thanks for the pics. weird uncle, it was a pleasure, and i think it would be great to make Tiki Ti on wednesdays, and fridays, or for that matter, sunday through tuesdays at the Tonga.
look forward to doing it again. maybe we can convince the new owners to put a a little lovin restoration in and miller signs out.

Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-24 5:39 pm   Permalink

awe i'm jealous

wish i could have been there...
but happy to see pics from home base.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mriddle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-26 11:45 am   Permalink

Its was wonderful to meet your guys (and gals)! I look forward to hooking up again. Perhaps a Tiki Ti or Purple Orchid run sometime!!

View Profile of mriddle Send a personal message to mriddle  Email mriddle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-26 12:49 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu: You overlooked getting a picture of your extraordinary bamboo purse.

Thanks everyone for a wonderful evening!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Evil Mastermind
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-29 8:23 pm   Permalink

Ooochy! Those drinks were mean!

I had a helluva next day...

Must... respect... tonga... boozes.... *wheeze*

It was a lot of fun, I'll go again, but maybe a couple less mai tais...

View Profile of Evil Mastermind Send a personal message to Evil Mastermind  Email Evil Mastermind     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation