SHAG-TIKI-SHAG-TIKI
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-09 9:03 pm   Permalink

August 30 October 4, 2002
SOPHISTICATED MISFITS: Fifteen Years of Shag
BREA MUSEUM
Brea, California
Exhibition Opening: Friday, August 30, 2002, from 7 to 9 p.m.

I know I am going.

Anybody else?
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-09 9:32 pm   Permalink

Oh yea!

Aloha,

Uncle Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-10 12:57 pm   Permalink

Sounds good, we're in.
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-12 12:58 pm   Permalink

Although I will miss the opening, I will be there in spirit: Yesterday I selected some artifacts from my collection for the show that will be displayed under the theme "Objects that inspired SHAG". Mostly Tiki, a few modern examples of the kind of cool stuff that inhabits SHAG paintings.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-12 1:12 pm   Permalink

But I guarantee you will not have a lady with a bird in her hair in your collection.

Damn, if only I was more follicularily blessed, I would DO that bird-in-the-hair-thing. That's beyond cool.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheTikiGuy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-19 7:24 pm   Permalink

Will make it.......(Angelo and Alison)

View Profile of TheTikiGuy Send a personal message to TheTikiGuy  Email TheTikiGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-20 11:06 pm   Permalink

I love to be with my TC peeps whenever possible. I'm in.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-21 07:48 am   Permalink

Attn: all who were at the Gathering. Bring Sven with you!! He Will be there in spirit!!
aloooooooHA!

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-29 05:08 am   Permalink

Is everybody ready to SHAG?
Remember between this Friday and TIKI Farm there is nothing happening in SoCal, tikiesk that is.
Or did you foreget to invite me?
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-29 06:17 am   Permalink

I noticed that, too. No tiki events for a freakin month!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-30 2:49 pm   Permalink

Have a good time tonight everyone, we cant make it. Tonight is my dad's B-day so The Lady and I are going over to celebrate.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-30 3:19 pm   Permalink

I will be there with my gal pal flora!

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-31 3:04 pm   Permalink

Hey all
I was the first one in the door last night with only about 35-40 folks behind me. When I turned around, there must have been 200-250+. Being the claustraphobe that I am, I had to make a quick exit-stage left. So sorry to have to bail like that as Bax & Sara had just met Al & Shelly at the door. Shelly, you looked becoming in blue. Exibit was great, tunes were rockin, room was a little cozy. I don't think they were expecting the turn out to be so large. Hope the rest of yall had a great time.

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-02 12:55 am   Permalink

So besides being crowded, how was it? Was there any room to view the paintings? And how were my artifacts displayed that I loaned them? Looking good?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-02 05:41 am   Permalink

It was very crowded and hard to view the art! I'm going back to see it on a one on one basis. Big Bro, your collection rocked out next to the surf band. Actually, it was in the middle of the gallery. Shag must be beat from signing and standinng all night. All in all it was a nice show for him to us. Mahalo to Shag, the people and Brea.
p.s. the cop I was talking to said he has never seen that many people Ever at the gallery.

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation