[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tangaroa baby Tiki Disney's Tiki Room Ebay
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tangaroa baby Tiki Disney's Tiki Room Ebay
BONBONVIC
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-27 5:37 pm   Permalink

Since Tangaroa is the hot subject now has anyone seen this baby Tiki from Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2220619197&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

I have a visual with a guy and wire cutters..

View Profile of BONBONVIC Send a personal message to BONBONVIC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-27 5:49 pm   Permalink

I tried bidding..... lost out at $200, and reserve still isn't met....

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-27 10:49 pm   Permalink

Ouh yesss...BOT on page 195 is one that's similar, but I have never seen it dressed up like this.
At some point they were actually selling ALL 4 types of Tongaroa's babies (see the new Shag print) in Adventureland as souvenir statues.

The small ones (6-7 inch) were made out of clay, the big ones (ca. 16 inches) were out of some kind of fiberglass, and all were painted in dull off colors.

As with other Tiki collectibles, the combination of Tiki with another highly collectible pop culture genre (Tiki Bob-Elvis, War God-Frankoma) spells DEATH for the pocket book...

For that price, he'd better make it his REAL god!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-28 02:35 am   Permalink

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BONBONVIC
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-28 10:05 am   Permalink

Wow! Closed at $717.00!

View Profile of BONBONVIC Send a personal message to BONBONVIC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-28 1:40 pm   Permalink

That one was real guys - not one of the molded ones for sale in the 60s.... Bonbonvic's bolt cutter quote is probably more accurate than you'd thnk...

[ This Message was edited by: Tangaroa on 2004-01-28 13:41 ]

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-28 5:32 pm   Permalink

Arrgh! A case of baby-napping! Tiki temple desecration!
But then again, Disney used to put quite a bit of precious stuff out to pasture, unaware of it's value (for some nutty folks like us).

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-31 11:15 pm   Permalink

I went last Thursday and checked to see if they're were any missing tangaroa babies at the tiki room, but they were all there! I waited around to get pictures of each of them as they dropped down from the tree. It was fantabulous. I think I'll be going back to enjoy the tikiroom very soon, before they "update" it. I could definitelly see someone clipping one of those babies very easily though.

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 2:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-31 23:15, tikitony wrote:
I went last Thursday and checked to see if they're were any missing tangaroa babies at the tiki room, but they were all there! I waited around to get pictures of each of them as they dropped down from the tree. It was fantabulous. I think I'll be going back to enjoy the tikiroom very soon, before they "update" it. I could definitelly see someone clipping one of those babies very easily though.

hey tikitony! i'm the bastard that bought the Tangoroa tiki baby. i haven't been to the Disneyland in a while...could you post some of the pics that you mention? although this may have come from Tangoroa, there larger tiki figures were used throughout the attraction over the years. they date from 1963 however you can still find a few placed around the building's exterior. it's probably one of those.

tanks!

View Profile of tiki1963 Send a personal message to tiki1963  Email tiki1963     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 7:02 pm   Permalink

congrats on the buy, Sure, I'll post the pictures, but I used old skool film, so it'll be a while before I actually develop them. I was actually taking the pictures because I wanted to copy it to make a tangaroa baby tiki lamp. It's far different than any of my other carvings, so I'm not sure how it'll turn out.

Live like a Beachcomber!

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 7:12 pm   Permalink

So, did the seller give up where they got him? What's the height of him? Resin, right?

Live like a Beachcomber!

Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-02 11:10 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tangaroa 2007-12-08 18:51 ]

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-02 11:50 am   Permalink

Tone Loc, that's funny, cause I just saved all the pics . I thought to myself,"I gotta carve one of those!" See you Fri? Oh yeah, congrats on the purchase! I think the seller did an inside job. Probably a uke playin' elf!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-02 12:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-02 11:10, Tangaroa wrote:
Highly possible it came from the Tahitian Terrace too - thats where some of my stuff comes from....

hmmm...ok. did you use the same set of wire cutters?

View Profile of tiki1963 Send a personal message to tiki1963  Email tiki1963     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-02 4:21 pm   Permalink

Isn't anyone afraid of an item being stolen property or a clever fake as the dollar amount paid for things like this or the Skipper Kent's bowl goes up and up and the temptation to unscrupulous dealers increases? I've seen this happen in other collecting hobbies.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation