FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Random Road Trip: Martiki invades the Southland....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Random Road Trip: Martiki invades the Southland....
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-29 6:01 pm   Permalink

unfortunately i can not make it tonight either. have to be up very early to head out to my tax guy. have a good time everybody! tell Miki and Mike Cass sais hello.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-02-01 8:43 pm   Permalink

Mucho Mahaloz to everyone for showing a No Cal boy a good time!

Cruised down wednesday AM with no plans and it worked out beutifully. Stopped for a tinkle at my favorite waterfall urinal, the Madonna Inn. The dining room was decorated for Valentine's Day. For those of you who know what the dining room looks like normally, you can imagine the horror.

Met Trader Pup at Oceanic Arts and picked up a few new goodies. He was then good enough to give me a tour of the East Indies Room. I can describe it in one word: Spectacular!

Then I opened and closed the Tiki Ti. Gooooood times. Whole lot of Mistakes. Met by the fabulous Floratina and later on, the delightful Miss Humu Humu and her entourage of Knoxville men. Gooooood times. Here's some pictures from Floratina's camera phone. The future is here!

I believe the Mistakes are starting to work.

The masters at work

Without starting a fight or a debate on the desecration of idols, here's Mike Sr. with the moai tissue dispenser! hard to tell in this picture, but he put grenadin on the tissue to simulate a nose bleed.

Spent Thursday doing some shopping, meeting an old friend for lunch, visiting your beautiful new cathederal and concert hall, and then went to the Magic Castle with weirduncletiki, humu2, and Trader Pup. What a great experience. Then back to the Tiki Ti for a few more (great call on the 151 rum swizzle, weird uncle!) and the fab added company of King Kukulele and Johnny Velour. (Not to mention the mysterious Dale!)

I've prattled on enough, but thanks again to everyone. Atomic & Vintage: sorry to miss you on this one- I'll be back soon, or hopefully we'll have you up to the SF Crawl!!

Extra extra special thanks to Floratina who graciously provided accomodations for both nights! Yay! Tina rules!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 11:12 pm   Permalink

It was great having Martiki in town! You should run away to join the Hoiti Toiti circus more often. Here's a pic of us at the Magic Castle:

And here's a pic of TraderPup enjoying his very first visit to Tiki-Ti!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-02 08:44 am   Permalink

True ambassadors to the southland!
Very cool!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-02 08:50 am   Permalink

You folks look terrific.
Are suits and ties mandatory there or did you guys hit the opera before hand?

Very dapper, gentlemen.
And of course, Humuhumu carries the room with grace.

I can't wait to get to LA.
Maybe in Feb.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-03 10:58 pm   Permalink

Indeed, suits & ties are mandatory for the fellas at Magic Castle, and evening attire is preferred for the laydees. It was great -- in Seattle, people wear shorts or jeans to go to the Symphony. I can understand the appeal of that, but man, nothing beats getting dressed up in my book! I've got a closetful of gowns & cocktail dresses I'm going to be tearing through down here.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation