[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki @ Target
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki @ Target
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-30 11:26 am   Permalink

I was in Target last night and saw (or should I say bought) these really cool tiki boxers and tiki pj bottoms. The boxers are dark army green with three tiki's in the corner and it says "dance with the natives". The pj bottoms are the same but with just the pictures of the tiki's all over. The boxers were $4.99 and the pj bottoms were $9.99. Super tikirific!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-30 6:56 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the tip - I think I pick up a pair or two.

Extend the time that much longer to do my laundry.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-31 5:08 pm   Permalink

Target also has a string of patio lights with cylindrical wooden covers made up of sticks lashed together. And, they have a metal and glass pineapple sculpture that might fit well on an outdoor tiki bar. They've also resurrected the old burlap-look insulated plastic glasses - not tiki, but if you favor insulated glasses these are less in conflict with the theme than most.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-31 11:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-30 11:26, Atomicchick wrote:
....The boxers are dark army green with three tiki's in the corner and it says "dance with the natives". The pj bottoms are the same but with just the pictures of the tiki's all over....

Hmmm..naaaw, those are not Tikis, more like cartoony characters with square humanoid faces. Disappointing, after there is so much good Tiki source material out now. The stuff old Navy had out in the late 90s was better.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-02-01 7:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-31 23:01, bigbrotiki wrote:
Quote:

....The boxers are dark army green with three tiki's in the corner and it says "dance with the natives". The pj bottoms are the same but with just the pictures of the tiki's all over....

Hmmm..naaaw, those are not Tikis, more like cartoony characters with square humanoid faces. Disappointing, after there is so much good Tiki source material out now. The stuff old Navy had out in the late 90s was better.

Sven, I agree. Yesterday was much better than today could ever be (unless it becomes a 'yesterday' tomorrow).

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 8:17 pm   Permalink

I miss the late 90s. The late 80s were even better. I bet the late deuce double oughts are gonna suck. Oh well.

[ This Message was edited by: Kono on 2004-02-01 20:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kono on 2004-02-01 20:22 ]

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-03 6:56 pm   Permalink

[quote]
Quote:
The stuff old Navy had out in the late 90s was better.

I agree. My Old Navy tiki boxers are a much better representation to tiki.

However, I can't let the perfect stand in the way of the tiki. I still got the drawstring pajama pants (didn't find the boxers).

Why is olive green the color of choice?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-04 10:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

Quote:

They remind me of the comic book "Milk & Cheese," but only a little...

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-04 12:52 pm   Permalink

I got my pair of the boxers and they are super-comfortable to sleep in, tiki or not.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-06 5:18 pm   Permalink

The late deuce double oughts. I like thay. In the military people say Balls for two zeros so the 80's the 90's this decade is the balls. Have a good balls 4.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 8:08 pm   Permalink

Why do the boxers say "Kuta Beach, Bali?"

I believe that Bali has substantial tiki similarities, although I didn't go to Kuta Beach, yet am I missing something?

McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 8:52 pm   Permalink

"Sven, I agree. Yesterday was much better than today could ever be (unless it becomes a 'yesterday' tomorrow). "

"It" already has. But yes you're right, the glory days of the late 90's where something else, with old navy and all.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 11:06 pm   Permalink

the only way to settle this is to see pictures of atomicchick in the above mentioned clothing.....

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-11 12:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

They remind me of the comic book "Milk & Cheese," but only a little...

Milk and Cheese creator Evan Dorkin is a bit of a Tiki fan.

MERV GRIFFIN!
See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dimethios
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-13 8:53 pm   Permalink

Hi all, i'm new to the forum. I came across this topic and thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. I have a pt gig at Target and we just got in some very cool bamboo stuff. Look in the candle section (Green world) and you will find various bamboo and pineapple candles and holders. Very cool a 2 foot bamboo candle holder with a hurricane glass inside. I just got this job, so I am still looking around the store for tiki related items and would be happy to post what I find if you folks would like!

View Profile of Dimethios Send a personal message to Dimethios      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation