FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » More home made lighting
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
More home made lighting
Danno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-29 12:18 am   Permalink

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind posting a picture of your bar? If it is nice as your lamps, you can get into the bar making biz.

View Profile of Danno Send a personal message to Danno      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 8:29 pm   Permalink

Here's some lamps I just finished up for Primo Kimo's Kahiki Moon. I've sent 7 out to him so far (I'm looking forward to see his place all dialed in!). I also made another one of the drum shaped lamps for Ragin' Raratongan. If anyone else is interested in a swag lamp, let me know. I'd rather sell them to the good people of Tiki Central than on ebay. I have a yahoo photo gallery of all the lamps I've made, so if you'd like to see it I'll need your email address to "invite" you to view it (I can only share the pics through yahoo with an invite... kinda silly me thinks). ORRRR, try this link
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rocknrollwoody/my_photos

Thanks!
Kahaka

[ This Message was edited by: kahaka on 2004-08-01 16:57 ]

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 8:33 pm   Permalink

Sent you a pm about the lights

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-23 05:54 am   Permalink

Nice lights Kahaka. You should step up production and double your prices. They look very professional and are individually artistic at the same time. Send me the link. benzart@adelphia.net

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-23 08:03 am   Permalink

Kahaka those lamps rock, can you send me an invite to view your yahoo album. Also pm, I would like to talk to you about getting to put in the raffle for the Tiki Pa'ina.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-06-23 08:21 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-23 4:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Nice lights Kahaka. You should step up production and double your prices. They look very professional and are individually artistic at the same time. Send me the link.

Thanks for the compliments, Benzart and Tiki-Toa! I'd pump out more of these guys if I wasn't teaching summer school... I think I'll have to take next summer off completely! I sent you link via yahoo's email "invite."

Tiki-Toa... I sent you the email too. PM or email about what you had in mind for the raffle deal.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 2:24 pm   Permalink

Getting a little off the topic, does anyone know anything about that print of the blue faced exotic woman sandwiched between those tapa drums? As of late I've been running in to references or similar pics (This is the third this week) of her and it's slowly working up to a fixation, any useful info would be welcome.

And back on the topic Kahaka quit your day job, I'm sure there a lot of bars across the country screaming for such lights.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 7:33 pm   Permalink

naugatiki, if you use the search tool on Tiki Central you should be able to find tons of info on her from past posts, this piece has been talked about lots. Good luck
http://www.tretchikoff.co.uk/

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-06-24 19:34 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-06-24 8:09 pm   Permalink

Just thought I share a picture of a lamp I took in Tahiti.

Tahitiki

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-25 09:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-22 20:29, KAHAKA wrote:

Kahaka, are these lamps swag lamps or table/accent lamps? What're you using to make the cloth hold that curved shape? They've got a nice shape & I like the way you matched the pattern at the seams.

[ This Message was edited by: freddiefreelance on 2004-06-25 09:57 ]

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-25 10:31 am   Permalink

I can vouch for the professionalism, style and quality of Kahaka's lamps - I've got a pair of 'em hanging in the Castaway Lounge.

I'm runnin' out of ceiling room, but I could probably use a few more - send me that link!

(Teaching summer school instead of creatin' beeeeyootiful lamps - what were you thinkin' K?)
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-25 12:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Kahaka, are these lamps swag lamps or table/accent lamps? What're you using to make the cloth hold that curved shape? They've got a nice shape & I like the way you matched the pattern at the seams.

These are actually swag lamps. Pretty much all the lamps I do are swag. I used strips of lexan(sp?) plastic bows to curve the wooden frame. The lexan is clear so the light shines through it. Thanks for the kind words!

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-25 12:45 pm   Permalink

Lexan makes sense, in fact that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw those curves. Nice work.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 12:54 pm   Permalink

Link sent, Dr. Z!

16 more days of summer school... the countdown started the day I started!

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 8:23 pm   Permalink

Found these bamboo vases at a yard sale and decided to turn them into lamps because I am not good with the gardening. This is a shot of my bedroom... just finished putting up the wall last week.

[ This Message was edited by: KAHAKA on 2004-07-26 20:24 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation