[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving First Carving in 10+ years
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
First Carving in 10+ years
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 12:49 pm   Permalink

Heres a Short Updateand
Flounderart:Thanks,Fantastic,way too much, OK, and Big yes..
I'm not sure this was the right oiece of wood to use on such a small carving, the grain is too difficult. Hopefully I can manage to clean it up enough.
One thing I had'nt thought about wasjust posting photos of my old work got a great response and now that I'm creating another piece, it's like will it be as good as my Old stuff. That fearcame up and almost stopped me from showing the thing. Oh well, there it is.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 1:25 pm   Permalink

Are you kidding?

We're all thrilled to see your new stuff.

I hope others aren't holding back their new works, it's a big part of this forum's appeal.

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 1:30 pm   Permalink

great to see you carving again. Cant wait to see more!

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 1:46 pm   Permalink

Looks like carvin' is like riding a bike Diggin the details Benz. Make a couple more of thse things offer to the TC Ohana and you will have some chisel change in no time.
Keep it up, I too want to see more of your work .
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 8:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks, but I need to keep it small. I definately will be butchering up some wood and anything I do, you guys get first crack.If I caan carve enough to sell and make enough money to break even then I;ll be alright. I'll need a Big first-aid kit to cover the band-aids ans emergencey room sewups. So far I've cut my fingers about 5 times and most were pretty ugly(no stitches yet). This is an aspect I had not really thought of that is painfully reminding me.
But I still loove it...GEt In Line.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-02 2:38 pm   Permalink

Glad to see you back too, and with such detail!

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-02-02 2:50 pm   Permalink

It's hard to believe you took a 10 year hiatus, this carving is top notch. I'd love to see your other work!

Thanks for the pictures and keep updates coming.

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-31 9:41 pm   Permalink

Bump, I'll see if I can match some pic's to these pages in the next couple weeks.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation