Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music The Blue Hawaiians
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The Blue Hawaiians
sexotica

Posted: 2002-08-11 2:38 pm   Permalink

Can anyone give me any information on The Blue Hawaiians, do they still play live in the L.A. or OC area?

View Profile of sexotica Send a personal message to sexotica      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sexotica

Posted: 2002-08-11 8:00 pm   Permalink

Does anyone know ANYTHING about this band? I know they have been around for awhile, I think I read somewhere that they used to play at the Lava Lounge in L.A. on Thursday nights once upon a time. I would like to hear them play live, if at all possible. Or am I just to late as usual?

View Profile of sexotica Send a personal message to sexotica      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-11 8:14 pm   Permalink

http://www.thebluehawaiians.com/index.html

There you go you sexy thang
I hope it helps?
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-11 10:35 pm   Permalink

Actually I just tried that link and it looks like it's still under some construction. But Yes, they do still play around occasionally. I just saw them a few weeks ago in Hollywood at King King's with Ape. According to their former producer and friend (who I work next-door to) they've had some ups and downs in the past couple of years, but are now trying to get back in the groove again. (I think this same person is also building their website.) I wish them luck as they are one of the best surf/exotica bands around today.

If you live near the LA area I can let you know when I see one of their shows advertised again.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-12 12:06 am   Permalink

The Blue Hawaiians are a great band and not to be missed. Unfortunately I had to take off early from the Ape show and missed them

BUT I have seen them before and the hat changing keyboard player is the best - an all around great group!

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-12 08:20 am   Permalink

The Blue Hawaiians are in high rotation on my CD player. I noticed on Amazon just recently that "Christmas on Big Island" is once again available after being long OOP. I really dig their sound, but haven't seen them live.

View Profile of Suburban Hipster Send a personal message to Suburban Hipster  Email Suburban Hipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-12 08:37 am   Permalink

The Christmas on Big Island cd is a must. It's a great addition to a mixture of vintage Christmas music during the holidays.

They've done several compilation bits as well.

Yee-Haw & Aloha,
Tiki Kiliki
www.tikikiliki.com

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sexotica

Posted: 2002-08-12 11:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-08-12 08:20, Suburban Hipster wrote:
The Blue Hawaiians are in high rotation on my CD player. I noticed on Amazon just recently that "Christmas on Big Island" is once again available after being long OOP. I really dig their sound, but haven't seen them live.

Thanks for the info everyone, I am off to do some Christmas Cybershopping - Aloha

Idoler

Posted: 2002-08-12 6:49 pm   Permalink

I believe that they still play at the Lava Lunge weekly, but it has been about a year since I was there last. I think they play on Wed nights

View Profile of Idoler Send a personal message to Idoler      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-18 11:12 pm   Permalink

I heard a rumour that The Blue Hawaiians were recording a new live album at the Lava Lounge on Feb. 10th and 11th. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-20 7:42 pm   Permalink

From the little bit of info I've been told, yes it's true...taping another live album at the Lava Lounge on Feb. 10th and the 11th. I don't know if it's open to the public the night of the performances, you can send an email to The Lava Lounge and get your name put on the list if your interested in attending. info@lavahollywood.com

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-21 6:30 pm   Permalink

What's the best Blue Hawaiian CD to start with? I have the Aqua Velvets Nodad CD and that's one of my all time favorites.

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-27 4:18 pm   Permalink

I have "Sway" and "Live at the Lava Lounge" and I HIGHLY recommend both. "Sway" has the most gorgeous version of "Hawaii 5-0" I've ever heard.

[ This Message was edited by: tikitortured on 2005-01-27 16:27 ]

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-27 4:49 pm   Permalink

If I had to pick just one I guess I would go for Sway. Although I really like Savage Night alot too.

DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-08 08:53 am   Permalink

This Thursday and Friday...shhhhh...it's a secret!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation