[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music The Blue Hawaiians
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The Blue Hawaiians
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-09 10:07 pm   Permalink

Swingin' Hula Girl is up for one of our cuts on Ultimate Tiki Tunes but I haven't heard back from a voice mail or an email sent a few weeks ago... any help would be great.
Mahaloz,
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-14 1:11 pm   Permalink

OK, I saw the Blue Hawaiians record another live CD at the Lava Lounge on fri. the 11th. Thanks to the info given on this thread, I was put on the list by the VERY lovely and sweet, Michelle (thanks again Michelle). What a perfect evening wifey and I had! First, cocktails at ...where else, the Tiki Ti. Then on to the Lava Lounge where we were witness to some of the most SMOKIN', SWINGIN', and SEXY surf music ever to squeeze out of a Fender Twin. They played their asses off, ALL NIGHT LONG! When my wife finally pulled me outa the joint at 1:00am, they were still rockin' it. That is gonna be one helluva great live CD. The place was packed, the ambiance was cool, the service was great, the Mai-Tais were delish, the prices were...well, bring yer atm card. If you've never been to the Lava Lounge (on La Brea, 1 bl north of Sunset in Hollywood, down the street from the Tiki TI) it's worth checking out. It's kind of a "hipster" tiki bar with a really cool retro vibe. I think this place is under-rated, even if it IS in a strip mall!

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-14 1:55 pm   Permalink

Indeed what a great show it was. I was looking for familiar TC faces, but saw none. I stayed with friends up until the very end just after 2:00 am.
I can say it was way better than I excpected and well worth the drive up from San Diego in rain and terrible trafic.

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 11:55 am   Permalink

The Blue Hawaiians
Taken from Pascal Records website:
Friday, September 23, 2005

*****THE BLUE HAWAIIANS CD RELEASE PARTY*****

The Blue Hawaiians will be celebrating the release of their new CD "LIVE AT THE LAVA LOUNGE 2" on Saturday October 1st at The Lava Lounge in Hollywood. The band will be performing live and we will preview portions of the band's upcoming DVD.

LIVE AT THE LAVA LOUNGE 2 marks the ten year anniversary of the recording/release of the band's first full length release LIVE AT THE LAVA LOUNGE. LAVA 2 was recorded over two rainy nights in February and features 11 tracks that exemplify the band's ability to take their music to a new level, in a way that only their live performances can.

LIVE AT THE LAVA LOUNGE 2 will be available in stores on November 15th. Plans are underway to bring The Blue Hawaiians out for a series of regional shows to promote this release. In addition, we are preparing a radio promotion campaign to help further spread the music of this amazing band.

Over the next month or so, we will be doing a major overhaul on the Pascal Records site to include more info, pictures, and content.

Thanks to all for the patience and support, and hopefully we'll bring you more great releases from The Blue Hawaiians and others as well.

See you at The Lava Lounge,

David Pascal
Pascal Records

From the desk of DawnTiki:

The Blue Hawaiians new CD "Live at the Lava Lounge 2" is on HEAVY rotation on DawnTiki's CD player, and ipod and car stereo and...where ever she can play it. I would advise picking one up when they go on sale on November 15th!!! You will not be dissapointed!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki 2005-10-20 11:59 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 2:24 pm   Permalink

I was at that show and have been chomping at the bit to get that cd. Thanks for the info DT.

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation