[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food World's Largest Mai Tai and Tiki Mug
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
World's Largest Mai Tai and Tiki Mug
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 03:43 am   Permalink

I proposed this to Chiki Tiki WAAAY back at Tiki Farm's "Big Ole Tiki Bash" and the TIME HAS COME...

Tiki Diablo (aka chiki tiki) as many of you know has carved the most beautiful and largest tiki mug we'all have ever scene...

So I think we HAVE to do the Guiness World record for largest mai tai mug this year at Tiki Oasis. There is time this time around to set it up... It has to be applied for roughly 10 weeks in advance of the event. There is no entry fee if you apply far enough in advance + plus it'll get our master carver Chiki some good publicity.

I did a search on guiness for "tiki mug' and "mai tai" and there were no records.

So Chiki - are you down? Do you want me to start the application - or do you want to?

Also who's wants to donate some booze etc. for it...

Chiki we'll need to figure out just how much that mug'll hold.

[ This Message was edited by: Futura Girl on 2004-02-01 03:43 ]

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 09:58 am   Permalink

I remember talking to Danny about this last year. I think its a great idea for Tiki Oasis! Would be cool to see that thing in the Guiness Book of World Records --

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 10:12 am   Permalink

I have a lot of booze left over that I don't drink, so I will bring some.
And to quote Dr. Frankenstien "how big should we make it?"
What are we going to mix it in?
You guys will want to drink it the rest of the weekend.
Will Bacardi sponsor? Capt. Morgan?
If everyone brought some would we need a sponsor?
What do ya think?
We could mix it in a giant kiddie pool.
(from Toyz am be-in We)
Then we take 5 gallon buckets and fill Danny's mug.
I can't wait to see Bong lick the pool dry when we are done.
Please Sir, may I have another S-press-O
triple shot please???????????

Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 11:25 am   Permalink

I gots me an idea, how tall is that mug?

TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 11:41 am   Permalink

LET"S DO IT! I'll get the capacity and get it prepped for food safe service. Oh yes, it is 51" tall at the front. You should have seen Octavio(135lbs?) wrestle this sucker. He's scrappy!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 1:05 pm   Permalink

okay - let's do it...
and getting a sponsor is a great idea -
i am gonna ask cherry to spearhead this campaign she's just the kinda girl for the job!!! what a kick - Tiki Central will go down the history books.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 1:08 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2008-09-10 13:48 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
winkytiki

Posted: 2004-02-01 2:16 pm   Permalink

Youza! that is one heavy gigantor Mug. It took 3 guys and a dolly to bring it up to the second floor where the photostudio is. And a lot of painkillers the day after...

Lets say, we make the biggest MAITAI and get a couple of gals to wrestle in it!

View Profile of winkytiki Send a personal message to winkytiki  Email winkytiki Goto the website of winkytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 2:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2004-02-01 13:08, filslash wrote:KPOI, our radio station made the World's Largest Mai Tai a few years ago...(2001)
I remember that the main problem was finding a place to put the tank we rented for the event. when filled with liquid, it was so heavy, it had to be on concrete.
<snip>
However, The Guiness People did not certify the results, even though we had filled out the paperwork, snapped all the pictures they requested, etc!
I'll try and find the pictures. It was rough job, and we did it with the help and sponsorship of Bacardi.
The Hawaii department of health, and the liquer comission both sent representatives to check it all out.

how big was your mai tai then? i guess we'll just have to go for "largest mai tai in a tiki mug"

SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 2:40 pm   Permalink

hah with a live drink stir stick person

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 5:54 pm   Permalink

I've been in correspondance with Basement Kahuna, about the idea of carving a Trader Frank's swizzle stick to mix the drink with, and hes very hip to the idea.
So if you want to make the worlds largest ( ok maybe not the largest in an industrial tank ) Mai Tai, I'm offering to stir it with the worlds largest ( ok I don't know that its the worlds largest, but cut me some slack ) swizzle stick.
The visual alone would be both hilarious, and awesome!
Tiki Gardener
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

[ This Message was edited by: TikiGardener on 2004-02-01 17:58 ]

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-02-01 7:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-01 10:12, thebaxdog wrote:
I can't wait to see Bong lick the pool dry when we are done.

Baxdog, Baxdog, that wasn't the pool...

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 11:01 pm   Permalink

I think the swizzle stick idea is absolutely fabulous! Take lots of pictures of you creating the piece... maybe we can get a repeat performance by the girl in Winky's photo for a little added bonus!

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 11:11 pm   Permalink

Swizzle me ! BK make it ORANGE or FUSCHIA babee !

[ This Message was edited by: thechikitiki on 2004-02-01 23:15 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-02 7:03 pm   Permalink

dats wun schweeet tasting idea! good luck Chiki and da rest of you who help in da project! GREAT IDEA! take lotsa pics! Send me a pic Chiki.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation