FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events UPDATE: 'Ona Tiki launch party at Tiki Ti's NEXT WEDNESDAY! 3-31-04
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
UPDATE: 'Ona Tiki launch party at Tiki Ti's NEXT WEDNESDAY! 3-31-04
Evil Mastermind
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-02-08 7:47 pm   Permalink

Hey everybody,
'Ona Tiki invites you to attend our launch party at Tiki Ti's on Wednesday, March 31st starting at 6:00PM
This party is open to the public, everyone (of age) is welcome. For more info about 'Ona Tiki, go to
http://www.onatiki.com

There will be over 80 items to give away, and maybe a couple of surprises (wink wink).
We'll be spinning vintage Hawaiian and exotica tunes until 7:00, so come early, have some fun and see what we've been up to for the past few months. Look for us in the front corner of the bar, next to the turntable.

Tiki Ti's is located at 4427 Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood. If you plan on having drinks there (which are amazing) be sure to bring cash, because they don't accept credit cards.
You may also want to bring a driver because they mix em up stout. 21 and over, only.
Here is Tiki Ti's website for info or a map: http://www.tiki-ti.com

If you have any questions, you can post here, email me at miles@onatiki.com or you can contact Tikitanked at cass@onatiki.com

We're looking forward to seeing you at the party!

Cheers,

Miles

spoop evah stuj sikit nworb mose

[ This Message was edited by: Evil Mastermind on 2004-02-16 23:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Evil Mastermind on 2004-03-26 17:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Evil Mastermind on 2004-03-30 18:46 ]

View Profile of Evil Mastermind Send a personal message to Evil Mastermind  Email Evil Mastermind     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-08 11:50 pm   Permalink

What's that you say? Another excuse to go to Tiki-Ti? Well, I suppose I can manage to show up.

Congrats on getting the biz started up again! Should be fun.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-09 8:10 pm   Permalink

Will the products be available for purchase?I love the Coltrane "Mickey's big mouth" style mug.
Does it have its name emblazzoned on the back?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-09 9:35 pm   Permalink

Hey ChrisTiki 295,
We will have some of the mugs there for people to look at, but no sales. There are a few of the black version of the Coltrane mug left, you can contact me at
Cass@onatiki.com if you are interested in one.
I may attempt to drink a Zombie out of our Zombie mug, 70 oz. of a Tiki Ti Zombie, yummy. Bring out the wheelbarrel, i may be taking a fall that night. Watching me bob, weave, and yark may make the trip out worth it.
Hopefully we will see you, a few of the TC folks we have met, and some new faces that night.
TT

[ This Message was edited by: tikitanked on 2004-02-09 21:36 ]

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-12 3:27 pm   Permalink

A little party teaser;

some of the 78s we will play:

Jamaica Rum-Ruth Wallis
selections from Voice of the Xtabay-Yma Sumac
Kolopa-George Kainapau
"E Liliu E"-The Kalama Brothers
Hola E Pae-Andy Cummings and his Hawaiian Serenaders
Hukilau-John K. Almeida and His Hawaiians
Hawaiian Sunset-Hina Welelani Kerr's Wahine Troubadors
Polynesian Love Song-Al Kealoha Perry and His Singing Surfriders

That is a taste of the exotic sounds you will hear. We will also be playing selections from a few albums as well.

Try to make it as early after 6pm as you can, I am going to start playing these tunes when Tiki Ti opens until 7 or 7:30. If the vibe is right, and everyone is digging it, maybe Mike will let up keep playing the records later into the evening.

We will put a teaser photo up this weekend of some of the goodies we intend to hand out.

Hope to see you all there.

[ This Message was edited by: tikitanked on 2004-02-12 17:22 ]

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-14 4:45 pm   Permalink

A teaser photo of some of the goodies we will give a way. Most have been customized so that almost all the amulets and shot glasses are one of a kind.
Hope to see you there.

OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-16 10:56 pm   Permalink

`Ona Tiki launch party Rescheduled
Hello,
We just got a call from Mike (from Tiki Ti) to tell us that they will probably be closed this Wednesday. They are having major plumbing problems and as of right now are not sure how serious. Please check in with the Tiki Ti website for details on how many days they will be shut down,
http://www.Tiki-Ti.com. We wish them a speedy fix to their plumbing.
This means that the `Ona Tiki launch party is going to be rescheduled.
Mike is hoping that they will be open by next week; if that is the case we will have the launch party there on Wednesday, February 25th. We will post updates as we get information.
Thanks,
`Ona Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: tikitanked on 2004-02-17 07:51 ]

SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-16 11:31 pm   Permalink

Here's the correct link for The Tiki-Ti.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-16 11:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks SCD, forgot the hyphen.
Tiki Ti's site is now updated with the closure info.

[ This Message was edited by: tikitanked on 2004-02-16 23:40 ]

Evil Mastermind
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-26 5:25 pm   Permalink

Hey everybody!
We are back on track for our "launch" party. Tiki Ti's managed to finally defeat their plumbing dragon and will be pleased to host us all next Wednesday, March 31st (that's 2004, people) starting at 6:00 sharp.

So come one and all for many 'Ona Tiki giveaways and action-packed surprises.

Don't forget to bring cash if you plan on trying their awe-inspiring cocktails.

Tikitanked and I look forward to meeting you there.

Contact either of us if you've any questions.

Cheers!

Miles

spoop evah stuj sikit nworb mose

[ This Message was edited by: Evil Mastermind on 2004-03-26 17:25 ]

View Profile of Evil Mastermind Send a personal message to Evil Mastermind  Email Evil Mastermind     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 7:13 pm   Permalink

Yes, woo hoo!
Please try to make it there at 6pm, the party is open to everyone and the goodies may disappear quickly. We will post an update about the raffle after we hammer out the details with Mike this evening.
See you Wednesday!
TT

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 7:45 pm   Permalink

I'm so glad the Tiki Ti is up and running again. And it's on a wednesday--time to belly up to the bar and take in a Grey's Mistake!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-27 12:01 am   Permalink

Cheeky,
Looking forward to seeing you there. Yes, a Ray's Mistake on a Wednesday is a must. Take in the new floor, a perfect drink (or a few), a freebie from `Ona Tiki, good 78's, and a chance to win a surprise....but hopefully not a bad hangover.
TT

Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-30 11:53 am   Permalink

UtopianDreem & i will definitely try to get their.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-30 8:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-27 00:01, tikitanked wrote:
... Yes, a Ray's Mistake on a Wednesday is a must. Take in the new floor, a perfect drink (or a few), a freebie from `Ona Tiki, good 78's, and a chance to win a surprise....but hopefully not a bad hangover.
TT

That is always the risk - Thursday's enjoyment snuck up on me Friday night & I couldn't shake it off. However, far too much fun to miss.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation