FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music plenty MP3s!
plenty MP3s!
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-09 1:03 pm   Permalink

http://bigadventures123.com/AUDIO/MENU.htm

enjoy,
em.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-09 1:12 pm   Permalink

I'm Koo-koo for Coconuts! Those MP3's are the pinapple of my eye!

seriously, thanks for the link. I'll be sure to bookmark that one!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-09 1:37 pm   Permalink

Hmm, I just gave 'em a listen after downloading, and man...they're too compressed, and also they were ripped a little too hot. That's my understatement of the day actually - way too loud, most of them. Poop. Maybe I'll email the guy and ask if he would consider re-doing them, or working out a trade...

em.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-09 5:26 pm   Permalink

Those are great! Thank you!
I'm planning my wedding at the moment and would like to play old hawaiian music like this.
I really enjoy music by the New Hawaiian Band as well. 'Hukilau Song' is my favorite by them at the moment.

I'm going to hook up a computer and have it play continuously throughout the reception.
Think I'll be disowned?

Now to find some good songs!

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine on 2004-02-09 17:27 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 07:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-09 17:26, Tikiwahine wrote:
Those are great! Thank you!
I'm planning my wedding at the moment and would like to play old hawaiian music like this.
I really enjoy music by the New Hawaiian Band as well. 'Hukilau Song' is my favorite by them at the moment.

I'm going to hook up a computer and have it play continuously throughout the reception.
Think I'll be disowned?

Now to find some good songs!

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine on 2004-02-09 17:27 ]

all the best for your wedding tikiwahine! j$

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 09:40 am   Permalink

You should ask Jeff Chenault for the comp he made for Hukilau. Many versions of the song there.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 09:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-09 13:37, emspace wrote:
they're too compressed, and also they were ripped a little too hot.

You are exactly right, but I guess the price is right.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Bob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 09:52 am   Permalink

That is good stuff, Thanks!

View Profile of Bamboo Bob Send a personal message to Bamboo Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 11:08 am   Permalink

These are likely 78's and they may account for the sound. I don't think they were clipped, I just think it's the original recording that's a sounding a little off.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 12:37 pm   Permalink

Thank you kindly Johnny$! I'm really looking forward to it! I've actually found a bartender that claims to be able to make Mai Tais, Fogcutters, Suffering Bastards and the like. Not that my relatives could tell the difference between them! Maybe I should give him a few recipes...

Thanks Swanky, I will definitely ask him about it! I'm not going to play the Hulilau Song continiously, just cool hawaiian music in general.(should have read my post before posting it )
I've decided to name my bar 'The Huki Lounge' so I'd love to have several versions of that song in rotation.
For some reason I also dig Petty Booka's Ukulele Lady.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation