FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Pixies Announce North American Dates!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Pixies Announce North American Dates!
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-12 11:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-09 21:44, Basement Kahuna wrote:
I had to wash the Pixies dishes one time after the Grit, this vegetarian restaurant in Athens I used to work at back in '90

How funny!
2 things:

1.) I am VERY easily pleased at a live show by any good band, so when I say the Pixies was one of only two shows in my life by a band I loved that disappointed me/bored the hell outta me, you KNOW I'm not being picky. (the other show, BTW, was Big Country. Yes, in full-fledge '80's mode at that time!))

(I saw the Pixies show in Austin, with an opening band that was great, the Zulus. Recognized immediately the voice of their lead singer as being that of the male vocalist for Human Sexual Response, a great Boston band whom I saw open up for - drum roll please - Mission of Burma, on New Years Eve in Boston!! All the groovyness comes full circle.)

2.) The 2 Trader Vics plates I own came from the above-mentioned Grit!! Magic moment during Drive-Invasion, the morning after ikitnrev and I had been whoopin' it up with Tura Satana and Haji (of FPKK fame) at Trader Vic's, Atlanta. I look down in the remains of my delicious Grit cowboy omelette, and there staring back up at me is the famous TV shield! Vern thought there was maybe a roach in my food, the way I was freaking out!!

Talked 'em into selling me my dirty plate - they asked for $2. I gave 'em $4!

Happened again a coupla months later. Lightening does strike twice!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 11:08 am   Permalink

Well, I wasn't able to get tickets. It sold out in 20 minutes.

I'm feel like the guys from Pearl Jam cause I hates me some ticketmaster!

Dang! Rats!

-Slacks

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-11 10:00 pm   Permalink

Here are the official tour dates (if anyone cares). Looks like Canada wins this round...

Quote:
April 14; Burton Cummings Theatre; Winnipeg, Manitoba
April 15; Doris Knight Ballroom; Regina, Saskatchewan
April 17; Prairieland, Saskatoon; Saskatchewan
April 18; Red's; Edmonton, Alberta
April 19; MacEwan Hall, Calgary, Alberta
April 21; Victoria Curling Club; Victoria, B.C.
April 22-23; Commodore Ballroom; Vancouver, B.C.
April 24; Big Easy; Spokane, Washington
April 25; The Big Easy; Boise, Idaho
April 27; MacDonald Theatre; Eugene, Oregon
April 29; Freeborn Hall; Davis, California
May 1; Coachella Festival; Indio, Calif.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-11 10:13 pm   Permalink

Hey Polynesiac,
Check out that concert in Indio / right in your backyard!
With Kraftwerk and Radiohead.
Wish I could be there.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-12 09:10 am   Permalink

I was told I have a ticket for that event from a friend of mine...but haven't heard heads or tails since. Should be a fun show - lots o' different musical styles playing all day.

I was actually kind of hoping that the pixies would play a show or two in locations that were a little easier to get to and from. Maybe after their Europe tour? We'll see...

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-18 01:37 am   Permalink

Frank and band played a great show here in Milwaukee last spring... and Lovering did his wierd science act before the show... he made a pickle glow like a lightbulb...

We were able to talk with Frank a bit after the show... then we were surprised to see him packing up and hauling all the band's gear out to the bus out front... hopefully now he'll be making some money to pay someone else to carry his stuff!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-27 11:39 pm   Permalink

I saw the Pixies at the Warfield in SF on their second to last tour and it was a crazy scene in the pit...one giant pogo-ing mob bouncing up and down in blissed-out unison...Great show. Good times. Good times.

View Profile of kingslod Send a personal message to kingslod  Email kingslod Goto the website of kingslod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-19 1:58 pm   Permalink

Caught their show in Saskatoon (a mere 6 hour drive away) on Saturday night. It was super cool. They did not disappoint, and it looked like they were all haveing a great time on stage too! Viva la Pixies!

I think I have a ticket to see them tonight too!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-07 2:39 pm   Permalink

Got tickets today for the September show in Phoenix. WooHoo!

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liabungalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-07 2:57 pm   Permalink

I just bought the new DVD. I'll let you guys know what I think about it after I view it tonight.

-g-

View Profile of liabungalo Send a personal message to liabungalo  Email liabungalo Goto the website of liabungalo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation