FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki on the Tonight Show! THURSDAY March 18
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki on the Tonight Show! THURSDAY March 18
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-09 4:41 pm   Permalink

okay fellow tiki fans here goes...

I am pitching a new lifestye entertainment show called Lotta Living. It's based loosely on the L.A. Conservancy Modern Committee and the Lotta Living community that my cousin Futura Girl has been building, along with some Tiki Central elements thrown in.

(About a year ago, I taped a test segment with Bamboo Ben and Crazy Al. And I plan to involve my friends at T.C. whenever possible and appropriate... and always spread good authentic information about tiki.) If given the chance - I will dispell the Jimmy Buffet connection

-------------------------
Anyways....
I went to a trade show in Las Vegas last month and they taped me and King Kukulele and C.B. Howlie pitching our show to Jay Leno.

I just got the call that they are gonna pick up the segment and air it on Wednesday night. The bit is they show the clip and then ask the audience if the show should get picked up.

Here's where Tiki Central comes in...

We need the following help:
1) ATTEND
If you are able to attend the taping - please do so. We could use the plants in the audience. It's taped at the NBC Studios in Burbank. They open the doors at 4:30, but they ask people to line up around 3:15

2) PHOTOGRAPH
I am planning on showing up that afternoon to 'warm up' the audience outside while they wait in line. Hopefully King kuke and C.B. will be able to join me... I will be handing out matchbooks and a few t-shirts to lucky tourists. If you can't attend the show, we could use help from someone taking pictures of this whole shebang.

3) PUBLICIZE
If anyone has publicist, p.r., agent friends with good connections that might want to jump on our bandwagon - send me a private message we need a "mgmgt. team" put together yesterday.

4) CALL
After the show has aired, please call NBC and ask for the Tonight Show. Ask innocently if they can direct you to more information about Cherry Capri (that crazy red headed girl, that show with the krazy uke player, etc...) DO NOT CALL UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN THE SEGMENT AIR - otherwise it will not look "real" 818-840-4444

5) DRINK
I suspect there will be some celebrating at Futura Girl's house on Wednesday night. We gotta open that bottle of rum that HumuHumu brought over on my birthday! If you're in the neighborhood, come'on over...

Thanks for the grass root support. And the TIKI said, "Spread the mana across the airwaves and let the mai tais pour forth across the lands. And he saw it was good"

[ This Message was edited by: Cherry Capri on 2004-02-26 01:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Cherry Capri on 2004-03-18 23:43 ]

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-09 5:05 pm   Permalink

Good mana to you gal!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-09 6:57 pm   Permalink

I am getting into LA on Wed morning.

This sounds like it could be pretty fun.

We have been to a Tonight Show tapeing before and it was interesting.

So is anyone else up for this???

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-09 8:58 pm   Permalink

Show Your Solidarity! Wear Aloha Apparel!

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-09 9:06 pm   Permalink

Call and Drink I can do, and of course watch, can't wait.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-09 9:11 pm   Permalink

guests will be
Meg Ryan - Against The Ropes
Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover model
Music - Phantom Planet

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-09 9:39 pm   Permalink

Good Luck!
will watch and make the call

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 12:25 am   Permalink

I am almost 100% sure that I will be there. I will be bringing along my buddy who works the door at the Purple Orchid.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 12:32 am   Permalink

I can help with the rum! I'll be working, probably until ~6. How can I catch up with you guys for the post-taping festivities?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 01:10 am   Permalink

Congrats Miss Capri, that sounds like a real possibility. Though I am unfree Wednesday I will be sending mana by thought power! Hope you get the gig.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-02-10 01:26 am   Permalink

If I can stay awake, I'll try to survive through Leno's brand of "humor."

Here's a link to the Tonight Show's page where it looks like you can also e-mail them feedback -
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/feedback/

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 06:52 am   Permalink

Here's some ticket info for the Tonight Show:

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno/Tickets
3000 W. Alameda Ave.
Burbank, CA 91523

Tickets for a specific show are available the day of the show only at the NBC Ticket Box, located at NBC in Burbank, CA. The NBC Ticket Box opens at 8:00 a.m. All available tickets are distributed to the public on a first come, first-served two (2) tickets per person basis.

So I'm guessing we'd need tickets before lining up in the afternoon?

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 10:02 am   Permalink

Good luck Cherry!!
I know it's gonna be picked up.
Just remember us when you get famous.
As a true ambassador of tiki, we know you will do great.
May the force of the Mai Tai be with you!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 10:35 am   Permalink

Nice move.

I'm certain you'll be swept up into the torrent of Hollywood's clique - make some money - produce a killer show and then move onto your next great idea.

Very very cool.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 11:02 am   Permalink

Wow, I am SO looking forward to seeing this!! Very exciting- congrats!!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation